Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Ugh! Feeling a little swamped!

Posted by   + Show Post

I just can't seem to get us moving this year! It's already Christmas time. 8( I'm no where close to where I was hoping to be.

by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 12:33 PM
Replies (11-15):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2011 at 10:57 AM

LOL Yes! 8) I'm hoping this will liven things up, too.

Quoting usmom3:

That is great! Maybe get so new puzzles & educational games for Christmas to add to your stuff to use on days that you are having a hard time with getting going.

Quoting mem82:

I've been trying that with the movies and books. Also, I try to remember that my house is set up to be educational, and they are learning things, even if it's not their 'schoolwork'.

Quoting usmom3:

Things will get better as time goes on & you will find your grove. Let the kids lead you for a little bit in what you do & see how you can work your planed school work in to that. Also see what kind of educational videos & computer games that are out there that could go with your regular school work so that you have alternatives for those days you aren't getting the book & paper work done.

oredeb
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 11:20 AM

ya know mem some times its good to stop on a subject for a bit and start back up later, the kids seem to just get it then!!! so maybe what your going through now is helping the kids learn!!! sometimes they need a break from learning!hahahahah

Quoting mem82:

Eh, it's getting better than it was that day I wrote this but I'm still pretty depressed. It's just one thing after another preventing us from getting completely on track. The baby has suddenly started getting back up again to eat longer every night (3 month growth spurt) and since I'm trying to get over this ear infection/cold, I'm a zombie. BUT we've been at least covering Math. I'm heartened that the bit of reading I've done with Cole has seemed to blossomed into something. He's been putting together more words. Missie doesn't need Language so much now, but she does need to work on writing along with her Math. We need to get Social Studies and Science going but, at least, we've had enough movies/games/random classes that I don't feel they are completely behind. Everything else I would like to see them doing, is just icing. Here's to January and long, cold months inside to really start kicking some of this out. 8)

Quoting oredeb:

hows it going mem??

mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2011 at 11:24 AM

LOL very true! The silver lining! 8)

Quoting oredeb:

ya know mem some times its good to stop on a subject for a bit and start back up later, the kids seem to just get it then!!! so maybe what your going through now is helping the kids learn!!! sometimes they need a break from learning!hahahahah

Quoting mem82:

Eh, it's getting better than it was that day I wrote this but I'm still pretty depressed. It's just one thing after another preventing us from getting completely on track. The baby has suddenly started getting back up again to eat longer every night (3 month growth spurt) and since I'm trying to get over this ear infection/cold, I'm a zombie. BUT we've been at least covering Math. I'm heartened that the bit of reading I've done with Cole has seemed to blossomed into something. He's been putting together more words. Missie doesn't need Language so much now, but she does need to work on writing along with her Math. We need to get Social Studies and Science going but, at least, we've had enough movies/games/random classes that I don't feel they are completely behind. Everything else I would like to see them doing, is just icing. Here's to January and long, cold months inside to really start kicking some of this out. 8)

Quoting oredeb:

hows it going mem??

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Dec. 6, 2011 at 9:54 PM
I totally get it. We didn't do much for the past... 4-5 weeks! I was so sick and exhausted. I'm starting to feel better and get back in the groove, but it is upsetting to me that we are behind where I wanted to be. I know there is no time schedule, but baby is coming in June and I want to be done with first grade! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Dec. 22, 2011 at 11:48 AM

hang in there and take it  a day at a time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)