Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

this might be goodbye :-(

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:00 AM
  • 15 Replies
We have had to move in with my sil, who was a homeschooler. One of the conditions of us moving in with them was that we had to send our kids to public school. It really pisses me off that she would do that. We are living in a garage that was turned into an apartment. We are not allowed into their side of the house without permission. But they don't want the kids home all day. I think my mil got to her. My mil doesn't think our kids are learning anything. Anyway its a really small town and the school is small so I decided that if my kids have to go I will volunteer and go with them!!! I got really mad yesterday because we were on our way to her house ( a 7 hour drive) and we got a call from her. She was enrolling them herself!!! I may have a legal out though because they need physicals and dental checkups and their insurance is from another state. So it might not be able to get done!! Oh how sad :-( lol. My kids are upset because I broke the bad news to them that they still won't get Christmas break. We don't do any breaks. I have a hard enough time getting them to do their school work. So hopefully I won't have to. We won't be here long anyway. Just enough time for me to get a house rented. Hopefully no more than a couple months.
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:43 AM

oh thats horrible, well i hope you get a house fast, will you take them out again? if they arent caught up on their shots i dont think they can get in public school either, in this state anyway,

keep in touch here if this happens,

debbie

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:58 AM

I am sorry to here that you are being put in this position by your SIL, I hope that time at her house is short! If you have every intention of homeschooling after this hiccup in your life then you don't need to leave!

Danielle163
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:30 PM
5 moms liked this

Your SIL & MIL sound absolutely TOXIC--I feel sorry for you having to deal with them. I hope you find a house as soon as possible.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Oh, no! What a mess. 8( Hopefully, you get a house quickly!

athomemommie
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:04 PM

frankly i'd tell them that they have no right to enroll and that you'd rather be homeless, they will back off if you call them out on it, they will if they truly care about your kids. Enrolling will get the district monkey on your back and you will have a really hard time getting it off, so try to avoid it at all cost. I really hope this works out for you. they are just controlling it sounds like, wow hang in their.

nzumbrun
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:11 PM
I do plan on homeschooling again. I plan on working with them on holidays and during the summer. When we get a house we will be leaving the state so I shouldn't have a problem with the school district. It's kinda 'funny' because my sil has her kids in a private school because she doesn't like the public school here. But she wants me to enroll mine in the public school. I plan on volunteering at the school every day my kids are there anyway!! Lol. I will know what they are teaching my kids!!! I hope I can get out of it because I don't have the things they will want!!! Lmbo.
AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Agreed 

Quoting athomemommie:

frankly i'd tell them that they have no right to enroll and that you'd rather be homeless, they will back off if you call them out on it, they will if they truly care about your kids. Enrolling will get the district monkey on your back and you will have a really hard time getting it off, so try to avoid it at all cost. I really hope this works out for you. they are just controlling it sounds like, wow hang in their.

bugayfamilyof4
by Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I hate when people help with string attached. That is horrible.

Gumberly
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 11:58 AM
She enrolled them before you even got to her house???!!! That is total BS. What type conversations have you has with the SIL? Is her position simple that she doesn't want you kids around the house all day or is there more to it? Have you talked to your MIL? It's sounds like they are just steam rolling over you with their way.
romacox
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:44 PM

Oh this breaks my heart.  But, you still have a place here regardless. ...its not your last day here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN