Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long does you school day last?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 1:48 PM
  • 18 Replies

Do you take breaks or just get it all done at once?

by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Around 2 hours. We might take a break if they are getting antsy but I try to get it all done so we can move on with our day.

bmw29
by Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:34 PM
It depends on the day and if he has an outside class/field trip. Our typical work takes about 4 hours not including breaks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jakesgal88
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:48 PM

4-5 hours for the older boys and 2-3 for my 5yr old. It depends. Some weeks we take a break on like a Tuesday and work on Saturday... some weeks we have 3 days off and do an extra hour on the days we do work. We've been at it for a month now so not really a routine yet. With our curriculum 25hrs are required for the older boys and 12.5 for my kindergartener.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Dec. 4, 2011 at 3:17 PM
DD and DS2 (3rd and 5th) take about 3 hours on average. My 8th grader takes about 5 hours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NathansmomEmmie
by Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 4:20 PM

we do about 2 hours a day of real school time.  Ive never added in the time for crafts and such since we did it all anyway,

For the people w/ multiple kids-do you teach one kid and then the next or a little at a time so they are working simultaneously?

mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 4:23 PM

Some of the time, the kids work together. Then, I usually start my oldest on something so I can concentrate on my first grader. Then, I switch off.

Quoting NathansmomEmmie:

we do about 2 hours a day of real school time.  Ive never added in the time for crafts and such since we did it all anyway,

For the people w/ multiple kids-do you teach one kid and then the next or a little at a time so they are working simultaneously?

noraa21
by Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Probably not enough here, it takes my 5th grade DS about an hour and half to do everything I have right now for him, that is math, language arts, spelling, reading and sometimes science experiments.  Still tyring to figure out everything and hoping to really get into it after the holidays, since he just came from 5 years in public school. 

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:13 PM
We are about two hours here as well. Most of the time it's all in the morning, but occasionally we will do some in the am, some during nap. Friday hubby did math! It was awesome! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shellie1084
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Quoting NathansmomEmmie:

I teach different things at different times so I don't have to be two places at once. So while Jordan is doing seatwork I work with Patrick on his phonics. Or while Patrick is practicing cursive I will teach Jordan arithmetic. School for Patrick (K5) only takes about 2 hours. Jordan (2nd) takes much longer (maybe 5-6 hours) but that is b/c he likes to take at least 5 bathroom breaks, he drops his pencil about 100 times, he "thinks" a lot!

Shellie

Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant                                                                            www.marykay.com/smyers95945

Danielle163
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 10:24 PM

DD is in third grade this year. We do 2 1/2- 3 hours a day(usually closer to 2 1/2 than 3). We take 45-60 minute breaks after every 60 minute class period.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)