Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your favorite medium to use when teaching?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 4:25 PM
  • 16 Replies

white boards?

Crafts?

videos?

Your voice?

by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NathansmomEmmie
by Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 4:29 PM

well I use the games that game w/ the curriculum, games I remember playing in grade school, the white board, I try to do crafts that match up w/ what we are learning in school, I also use a flannel board sometimes.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 4:35 PM
Our main curriculum is literature based, so I do a lot of reading out loud. We use a DVD for math and workbooks, science is also a DVD, reading out loud and hands on experiments.
oredeb
by debbie on Dec. 4, 2011 at 5:05 PM

well no matter what im teaching about i always tear off a huge piece of paper from a newsprint roll

and i use my voice, computer at times, maps, posters

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Dec. 4, 2011 at 5:38 PM
Hmmm, I use the whiteboard a lot, but mainly the iPad. It has my spelling app, math apps, a whiteboard, handwriting, etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 6:26 PM

Tell me more about these iPad apps. Curiouser and curiouser...

Quoting Boobah:

Hmmm, I use the whiteboard a lot, but mainly the iPad. It has my spelling app, math apps, a whiteboard, handwriting, etc.

Kenre
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Currently anything we find. LOL! My kids like VSmile games, workbooks, shopping, and just playing games. My two older ones are getting a white board to be able to practice on for the holiday.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Dec. 4, 2011 at 8:53 PM
Oh gosh, I love apps. The spelling one rocks. It works very well with all about spelling. (I'm sure it would work just as well with any spelling program) but I love it because it uses tiles, like AAS does, and I don't have to tote around my huge magnetic whiteboard with a gazillion letter tile magnets. Also, I can type in a list of spelling words and she can practice on her own without me saying "spell blah blah". The iPad does it for me, then tells me what she got wrong or right.

The there is an app called teach me first grade (they also have some other grades) and it will let her practice spelling, addition, subtraction etc and keep track of her progress also. It's great for those days when we have a lot of running or appointments.

She and chels both love an app called tozzle. It's a puzzle app, but it's so much better than some normal puzzle. Can't really describe it. Lol

Back later, bed time for the chickies :)

Quoting mem82:

Quoting Boobah:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shellie1084
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 8:58 PM

I love the white board and the boys love that they can wipe it off between activities.

noraa21
by Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Quoting mem82:

Quoting Boobah:

Me too!  My DS loves visual, hands on type learning so been toying around with the idea.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:02 PM

I could really get into that!

Quoting Boobah:

Oh gosh, I love apps. The spelling one rocks. It works very well with all about spelling. (I'm sure it would work just as well with any spelling program) but I love it because it uses tiles, like AAS does, and I don't have to tote around my huge magnetic whiteboard with a gazillion letter tile magnets. Also, I can type in a list of spelling words and she can practice on her own without me saying "spell blah blah". The iPad does it for me, then tells me what she got wrong or right.

The there is an app called teach me first grade (they also have some other grades) and it will let her practice spelling, addition, subtraction etc and keep track of her progress also. It's great for those days when we have a lot of running or appointments.

She and chels both love an app called tozzle. It's a puzzle app, but it's so much better than some normal puzzle. Can't really describe it. Lol

Back later, bed time for the chickies :)

Quoting mem82:

Quoting Boobah:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)