Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Apps for our Phones?? Favorites?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 10:23 AM
  • 9 Replies

mem was talking bout apps on one of her posts so i just gotta know, what are all of yous favorite apps for the phones? for play, music, school stuff, etc???

by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Dec. 5, 2011 at 11:20 AM
I'll be back :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 11:25 AM
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Dec. 5, 2011 at 11:29 AM
Lol, a few
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Diggems0312
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 1:00 PM
Cozi... it saves my life lol. I can send myself text reminders of what's on the calendar everyday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2011 at 2:03 PM

I want to get my hubby a 'smart' phone thing a majig for his birthday this month. I know nothing about them.

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 12, 2011 at 1:54 PM

I have a Tablet that uses Android technology so all the apps I post on here about can be found at the Android store or the Amazon App store.

123's ABC's Cursive Letters.

50 States

ABC Dinos

Amazon Kindle

Clock Time!

Einstein Math

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Dec. 12, 2011 at 4:11 PM
I forgot about this, sorry Debbie!

I also love cozi! We have it on our iPods, iPad, and both phones because they sync and whatever I put on the list can automatically be seem on all the other gadgets. Awesome for grocery lists, honey pick up this after work lists, and christmas lists, so dh knows what has been purchased and what hasn't.

Teach me kindergarten and teach me first grade - great for busy days, car rides, appointments

Paprika - an AWESOME menu planner, grocery list, recipe organizer. It was $4.99 so one of the pricier apps, but SO worth it. I love it.

Home budget - a good budgeting/expense app

Iperiod - tracks your cycles, can also be used during pregnancy

Netflix- we have a subscription temporarily (free trial. Haha) and can play the movies on our iPod and phones

Facebook, weather channel, news stations are self explanatory

Leafsnap hd - you can use your camera to help you identify trees by their leaves. You can also look and identify by bark, seeds, flowers, etc

Fabric stash - because I have a ton of fabric and it's nice to keep pics of them (organized by style, color, type) so I can match and not duplicate while shopping.

"coins" by k12 - free app that helps practice money

Memory pro - cool memory game

Tozzle - we LOVE this puzzle app. After you put the puzzle together you can make it do things, it will make sounds, etc

Let me see what else we have.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Dec. 12, 2011 at 4:16 PM
Whirly word - spelling app

Balloons - it will have you pop all the red balloons, or the zebras, etc. Great for toddlers learning their colors and animals.

Word wizard - my favorite spelling app. I can type in her spelling words for the day, and it will ask her them. Then she spells it with letter tiles like all about spelling has. This has been SOOOO awesome.

My fitness pal - works with the myfitnesspal.com website

I also like I can put bookmarks on my screen that will take me directly to the site. I have created a square for www.homeschoolschedtrack.com so I can go directly there, log in, and see my plans, mark them off, etc.

That's all the ones on my iPad. I don't use my phone apps much. I do have a barcode scanner on my phone that I love and use often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hottmommi42
by on Dec. 12, 2011 at 4:43 PM
Iphones are simple, android is intellectual, and Windows based is just like it sounds. Radio shack I learned has a policy where if you buy a smartphone thru them, and you don't like it, they will trade it out for you. I will say that I had to use it.. he is going to love that gift!

Quoting mem82:

I want to get my hubby a 'smart' phone thing a majig for his birthday this month. I know nothing about them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)