Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Anyone else have just 1 kid and homeschooling

Posted by   + Show Post

I was just wondering if anyone else had just one kid and was homeschooling. It's a little diferent when you are doing just one kid.

BTW Does it drive you carzy that people think you must not like kids because you have 1 instead of more? I, even this moment, always feel like I have to explain myself, yes i want more kids, no its just not happening. Why do I need to have a conversation with a stranger to justify myself? Why should I discuss my uterus or husbands semen with a complete stranger? ARRRGGGG

by on Dec. 9, 2011 at 2:42 AM
Replies (31-32):
ummcarter
by on Dec. 15, 2011 at 4:04 AM

Quoting 101stwife:

We have 4 kids and I always feel like I have to explain myself too. I wasn't aware that how many kids I had was anyone's concern except for my husband's and mine. I always tell them that when they start paying for my kids, then they can put their two cents in:0)

As of right now we do not homeschool. I am seriously considering it though and am thinking of pulling 2 of my sons out after Christmas break. My daughter is 4yo and I am going to start homeschooling prek for her.

Here is a little unsolicited advise lol, give yourself a mission statement regarding your homeschooling, then when it gets tough, and believe me sometimes it does, you can check whats going on with your mission statement and be inspired/re-energized/or maybe just relax a bit. If your goal is x but your approach is getting you z then you can try things a different way. Also check out the homeschool legal defence site. Its a real organization. How ever you approach taking charge of your kids education don't be discouraged if it takes a little while to get things figured out.

poohbear1183
by on Dec. 17, 2011 at 2:04 PM

We have two girls 22 months apart. Hannah is 3 1/2 and i am homeschooling her . Illyana is 19 months old and probbaly this sumemr I will start with her. People ask us al lteh time if we are going to try for a boy. I am tired of telling them nope.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)