Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How do I get her to stop?!

Posted by   + Show Post

Every day my daughter and I review her vowels. She knows them, I know she does. We can get there and she will fly through them. I will ask her to do it one more time and all the sudden she can't remember them. Like A for Apple. She won't even tell me that the picture is an apple. We can go perfectly fine for a couple days and then she will do this to me for the rest of the week. I believe she thinks if she acts like she doesnt know it I will do it for her. It's frustrating me. I end up yelling and she crying in time out. I don't know what to do to get her to stop doing this. Anyone have any insight on this?

by on Dec. 9, 2011 at 1:01 PM
Replies (31-31):
jlevins
by on Dec. 11, 2011 at 11:10 PM

if she knows them the first time why are you making her go over it again and again? my suggestion would be to quiz her on it then move on to something else then in about an hour quiz her again asking a diffrent way. she is probably bored so breaking it up will probably help her to be challenged a bit more. i would just stagger the questions throughout the day then maybe take a day or two off from it every know and then as well cause if she can remember it after a couple of days then she probably knows it for good though i would still bring it up every now and again to make sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)