Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Christmas lessons ?

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2011 at 12:15 PM
  • 6 Replies

I have been searching and searching and can NOT find anything to use as Christmas lesson plans or to use in lesson plans for the girls. They are 5 and 2 . Any one have anything ? A link or something ? I am looking for just about anything Christmas related. The meaning of Christmas, history of, traditions, etc....

by on Dec. 11, 2011 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Precious333
by Julia on Dec. 11, 2011 at 12:27 PM

We are doing a Jesse Tree this year. What I do is I put a coloring page (ornament) and a suprise and hide it. They find the treasure and then get to color the page and I tell them the story associated with what they are coloring. The love it, and love that its a daily things (advent type of thing). http://www.osv.com/Portals/0/images/pdf/JesseTree.pdf This is the website.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2011 at 1:47 PM

here try this

lesson plans page

mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2011 at 1:51 PM

here's some from A to Zteacherstuff.com

sew4fun
by on Dec. 11, 2011 at 2:17 PM

Thanks so much

tbeckmom
by on Dec. 11, 2011 at 4:24 PM

For the older child, you could organize a lot of mini-lessons by making a great Advent calendar (for use next year, probably). I like the third one down on this blog - http://bugaboocorner.blogspot.com/2009/10/more-advent-calendar-ideas.html. The blog recommends using tins, but I painted matchboxes instead. In the boxes: Scripture verses/inspirational quotes, activities like shopping for something to give to charity, small objects like bells. For example, you could include an object that represents a Christmas tradition from a different country, and then build a lesson on that.  If you make a much bigger Advent calendar, you could have a broader range of stuff in the drawers, like small books, CDs, votive candles, etc.  Basically, you could use this idea to complement the lessons you want to do.

by on Dec. 11, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Go to www.teacherspayteachers.com and join for free.  Type Christmas in the search box and then click free on the prices. There are several fun things there right now: games, activities, ideas, worksheets.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)