Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

A Little Confession

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2011 at 5:52 PM
  • 13 Replies

I'm getting bored with the way I'm homeschooling. I don't want to quit homeschooling by no means, but I've become bored with teaching the kids. My kids are also getting bored. We're using ACE and they pretty much have to do everything on their own, which isn't a problem, but I've noticed that they aren't learning certain stuff, stuff they may need to get into college if they want.

I don't even know if I'm making any sense right now, lol. Does anyone else use or has anyone else used ACE?

Will it confuse my children too much, if I add stuff, like youtube videos (which I just discovered, thanks to another mom in this group) or such to their curricullim?

I would love some feedback on this, please.

by on Dec. 11, 2011 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2011 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I would definitely shake it up a bit! It should be fun. Is there a subject you can drop or space out and then add something completely different in it's place?

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2011 at 6:04 PM
3 moms liked this
My dd gets bored easy if she is always using workbooks or texts. We are doing hands on science, going to do literature based history, so you can try different things to see what your children like and how they learn best. With what you have now, maybe try schooling different places and let them use different media to write on. Doesn't have to be the same, unless your children thrive on consistency.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shellie1084
by on Dec. 11, 2011 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

We have a friend that uses ACE, we use ABeka, but I would say add whatever you want, that is the beauty of homeschool!

DrJChappell
by on Dec. 11, 2011 at 8:24 PM
3 moms liked this

I haven't used ACE, but shake it up, by all means! No one's learning if you or they are getting bored.

lattesandcoco
by on Dec. 12, 2011 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you so much, for all your advice!

@mem82 There's not really a subject I can take out, but I will take the advice of you and the other moms who replied, and shake it up a little bit.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Dec. 12, 2011 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this
That's the fun of homeschooling, you do whatever you need to :) lots of ladies supplement in here, including me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lattesandcoco
by on Dec. 12, 2011 at 8:12 AM

Thank you Boobah!

oredeb
by on Dec. 12, 2011 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

go for it add all you want!  ive not used ace but ive used aop which is workbooks also! and they are boring! hahaha thats why i dont use them anymore! i just use them as reference now days!

it will not confuse your kids! they will love you! add away!! throw in some hands on stuff, games, videos, unit studies, crafts!! go for it!

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 12, 2011 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Just because you use a curriculum doesn't mean you can't supplement with other things.

lattesandcoco
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 10:03 AM

Thank you all for your support! I let my children watch the Solar System Song on youtube this morning, and they had fun! I did too, because I was learning with them. smile mini

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN