Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I'm getting bored with the way I'm homeschooling. I don't want to quit homeschooling by no means, but I've become bored with teaching the kids. My kids are also getting bored. We're using ACE and they pretty much have to do everything on their own, which isn't a problem, but I've noticed that they aren't learning certain stuff, stuff they may need to get into college if they want.

I don't even know if I'm making any sense right now, lol. Does anyone else use or has anyone else used ACE?

Will it confuse my children too much, if I add stuff, like youtube videos (which I just discovered, thanks to another mom in this group) or such to their curricullim?

I would love some feedback on this, please.

by on Dec. 11, 2011 at 5:52 PM
Replies (11-13):
Bellandpaysmom
by on Dec. 14, 2011 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you should add whatever you want to shake things up and make it more interesting for your kids.  I think that is the best thing about homeschool no one really has a say in how you get the information to your kids as long as they are learning.  That is the only thing that should matter.

lattesandcoco
by on Dec. 14, 2011 at 9:34 PM

thank you

ummcarter
by on Dec. 15, 2011 at 4:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I am unfamiliar with ace but I doubt it would confuse the kids if you made it more intresting. I can relate to having concerns, if I give my son something intresting he will get so distracted by it he wont be able to get anything written down the rest of the day.

I save the really fun distracting stuff for after we do the dull stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN