Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Growing Compassionate Hearts in our Kids this Christmas

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2011 at 6:01 PM
  • 4 Replies

We are very excited to be looking beyond our regular lives this Christmas and make a real difference in this world. As I teach my kids I want them to have a bigger vision of this world than small town life in North America normally gives kids. Our lifestyle is normal to only about 3% of the world's population if my memory serves me correctly. We got a chance to visit the child we sponsor in a 3rd world country this year and it helped to open up my daughter's vision of reality. This has been evident in the questions she asks, projects she gets excited about, books she reads and so on. Education is getting to be more and more exciting! Check out this months project! Hopefully we'll travel and serve in person sometime as well-a few years down the road perhaps! :)

http://donate.hopechest.org/site/TR/Events/General?px=1020948&pg=personal&fr_id=1100

Tom Davis is a fabulous author that gets me so inspired to think big!

by on Dec. 11, 2011 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
oredeb
by on Dec. 12, 2011 at 11:01 AM

great lifeolearning!!! sounds like your having a great time! i couldnt get your link to work on my comp.

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 12, 2011 at 12:01 PM

We do donations to the food bank, Good Will, Salvation Army & other charities to help our children see the importance of giving & helping.

lifeolearning
by on Dec. 12, 2011 at 3:28 PM

You can try    http://www.hopechest.org/  .  You can also find it by googling Children's HopeChest.

Children's HopeChest is an incredible Christian orphan care ministry serving over 10,000 orphans living in 9 countries. Look at these numbers...

• 1 billion people are hungry and malnourished, every day nearly 30,000 kids will die from preventable causes...
  • 2 million children are trapped in sex slavery, and every 2 minutes another child is prepared for abuse...
  • Up to 70 million kids are not in school--but out looking for food, water, and money...

HopeChest is changing that story for thousands of kids.

That my friends is exciting! :)

lifeolearning
by on Dec. 12, 2011 at 3:33 PM

USMOM3, it is so fun to get kids involved and see their eyes light up as they experience the joy of helping others. Thanks for sharing! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)