Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Hello! My name is Wendy and I recently started homeschooling my 13 and 9year old girls.  I haven't quite figured it all out, but every day gets a bit easier and more comfortable.  If there is anyone out there that has any ideas to help out, I'd greatly appreciate it!

by on Dec. 12, 2011 at 10:19 AM
Replies (11-15):
orange4agua72
by on Dec. 14, 2011 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome :)

We just recently started with my oldest 3, but the oldest is only in first grade, so no big tips from me, lol

Just take it a day at a time and try different things to help keep it fresh :)

OneToughMami
by on Dec. 14, 2011 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

My first thing was to find a curriculum that I could transition her and myself with. Oh and something that is very solid with little room for me to go off on a crazy tangent. I personally would be the worst teacher ever if I was left with my own devices lol...

houstonmama65
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 9:16 AM

Thank you for all the help and good wishes.  I think that the new year will be better for all of us.  Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and all the other tidings at this time!!! 

mommyminty
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 8:51 PM

We live in the Heights area. Yes, HISD definitely has many issues they need to work out. I could go on a very lengthy rant about that district. Well, I am here if you have any questions. =) Like I said, I too am just getting a feel for home-school. I like how it is going so far though. I don't get on cafemom often, but I do check my email frequently. persnicketypatterns@gmail.com =)

mynameismuerte
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 9:07 PM

I'm a few days late but welcome to the group and welcome to homeschooling.  I'm from Houston and went to HISD schools most of my K-12 education.  My niece is in a Vanguard program there and my mom works in a Vanguard middle school.  She constantly tells me how glad she is that I'm homeschooling since she gets to deal with the kids every day, lol.  

I'd take it easy to deschool the kids over the next few weeks while you figure out what style of eduction is for you and your kids.  This is my first formal year and my oldest is 6 so I have no real tips.  Best of luck to you though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN