Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you still use your planner?

Posted by   + Show Post
I love my paper planner, but I have to be honest. I've been winging it for a few weeks. Basically just doing the next thing. And I'll also admit that not as much gets done as when I plan. I'm hoping to get reorganized over Christmas break and start fresh in January.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 8:44 AM
Replies (11-15):
Knightquester
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 7:58 PM

I make a plan of monthly expectations for each subject prior to the start of the school year.  I do make sure we've met our monthly goals it's just that we may cover the monthly planned material more in depth some months and less so on the months where we're just all not feeling well or into the groove.

sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2011 at 3:36 PM

I would be lost without Homeschool Tracker. This is my 5th year using it (2 yrs using the free version and on my 3rd yr using the full version). http://www.homeschooltracker.com/

Before that I used various paper planners, my favorite by far being the Tanglewood Corebook. I believe it is now only avaiable as a pdf, but I used to order the print versions of it and of their Nature journal and Book of the Centuries.  : http://www.tanglewoodeducation.com/corebook.htm

lucsch
by on Dec. 14, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Yep, I do. Sometimes that means I cross off, circle for the next day, or write it in then cross it off. I like having a record of the number of days we do and what we do, even if it is a rather living document. LOL

sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2011 at 4:50 PM

Quoting lucsch:

Yep, I do. Sometimes that means I cross off, circle for the next day, or write it in then cross it off. I like having a record of the number of days we do and what we do, even if it is a rather living document. LOL

That is why I prefer HST. If it doesn't get done today I change the date on the asigment. If I need to move a lot of items I use the rescheduling tool.

ummcarter
by on Dec. 15, 2011 at 5:21 AM

We are kind of in a transition. When i use planners i over plan and torcher us both. I know what subjects I want covered each day and as long as he seems to be growing in those areas I don't worry about it too much at this moment. I am trying different things because we were driving each other crazy for a while.

I am considering covering a certain subject each day, just spening most of the time on that subject that day. IDK we'll see.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN