Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you plan on homeschooling through high school?

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 8:48 AM
  • 30 Replies
I've heard several people say they plan on homeschooling the elementary years, maybe middle school, but then sending the kids to school for high. What are your plans (if all goes well!)?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Dec. 13, 2011 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I plan to homeschool through high school, because the influences in the higher grades are much worse. But I sometimes fantasize about having the house alone (and clean)!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bethsunshine
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 8:50 AM

I plan on homeschooling the whole way through!!

Yuriko_chan
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 8:51 AM
All the way through. The only reason I wouldn't is if my child was unhappy with homeschooling and it was affecting his or her behavior.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shellie1084
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 8:53 AM

We plan on homeschooling all the way.

mynameismuerte
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

My personal opinion is that if ever there was a time I'd feel comfortable with public school education it would be in elementary school.  Has nobody else noticed that the quality tapers off as the kids get to higher levels? LOL.  The plan for now is all the way through HS but we're taking things a year at a time right now.

wowguildmomma
by Member on Dec. 13, 2011 at 9:42 AM

Homeschool all the way.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Dec. 13, 2011 at 10:29 AM
Exactly. I remember middle school and high school. There are things I have seen and been through I never want my girls to have to deal with, especially at such tender ages.

Quoting mynameismuerte:

My personal opinion is that if ever there was a time I'd feel comfortable with public school education it would be in elementary school.  Has nobody else noticed that the quality tapers off as the kids get to higher levels? LOL.  The plan for now is all the way through HS but we're taking things a year at a time right now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 10:30 AM

i've already homeschooled a few kids through highschool, i expect to do the same for these 5!

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 13, 2011 at 10:50 AM

I have one that is high school age, my plan is to homeschool all 3 thru high school.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2011 at 10:55 AM

I'm not sure. I want to but then I worry about them missing certain things and me not being able to provide a good education. Then I think we'll be okay and I can buy/hire tutors/ etc for those hard classes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)