Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

New to group....

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 11:56 AM
  • 3 Replies

Hi everyone

I'm a 33 year old mother of a teenage girl, she is almost 15.  I would love to homeschool her but I don't even know where to start.  We live in missouri.  I hope to hear from anyone I love to chat and learn new ideas.

by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2011 at 12:12 PM

Hello! Welcome.

The first place to start is to decide why you want to homeschool and WHAT you want out of it? Do you want excellent college prep or more of an enjoyment of learning? Does she need to catch up? build self esteem? Is she really far ahead and need a challenge? Or do you just want her home? 8) There isn't a wrong answer but finding the WHAT will help point you in the right direction.

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 13, 2011 at 1:10 PM

I agree! Also find out the laws for your state so you know what you need to do to homeschool here is a link http://www.hslda.org/laws/analysis/Missouri.pdf

Quoting mem82:

Hello! Welcome.

The first place to start is to decide why you want to homeschool and WHAT you want out of it? Do you want excellent college prep or more of an enjoyment of learning? Does she need to catch up? build self esteem? Is she really far ahead and need a challenge? Or do you just want her home? 8) There isn't a wrong answer but finding the WHAT will help point you in the right direction.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN