Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How do you...?

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 12:59 PM
  • 9 Replies

How do you go to school for yourself and homeschool? I'm just curious as I would like to go to school and finally start getting my Massage Therapy License. I have two kids age three and a baby. Please tell me how you do it.

I'm normally VERY bored. Most of the time I feel like I don't have any support. Don't really have much friends. Feel free to message me and learn more about me.

by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Dec. 13, 2011 at 3:56 PM
I don't, so I'll bump for you. And good luck :) you can do it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hottmommi42
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 4:00 PM
I don't either. (this isn't me bashing, just where we decided to go with everything) I decided that my kids education was more important than anything else I wanted to do right now. I know that there will be plenty of time for my desires when they graduate. I didn't want to start my degree program and risk having to put them in full time school because of my work schedule getting in the way of their learning.
If you find a good way to do this, I would be interested in seeing how you do it. Might answer lots of issues many moms have! Gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2011 at 4:31 PM

My mom homeschooled my brothers and I while getting her degree.  She took night classes and had somebody sit with us through the night, if your spouse or family member can I would do that.  She also cleped and took as many tele-courses as she can.  Now days a lot of core classes are also online which I found helpful years back when it came to taking classes and raising kids.

oredeb
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 4:37 PM

i wait till my kids are all done with school and graduated and then go to school

OneToughMami
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 5:02 PM

My classes are all when she is done with her classes. We work from about 8:30-9:00 am to about 1:00 pm. My classes do not start until 4 at the earliest and that is only one out of 4. I take weekend classes as well and they are simply 9 am to 12 pm...then I have the rest of the day to myself and they are only 3 days a semester :-) I was already in school before I decided to homeschool.

orange4agua72
by on Dec. 14, 2011 at 1:02 PM

We decided that while I'm homeschooling at least for the first couple years I'd put MY school on hold til we get a good schedule and we have a normal flow of our house with homeschooling lots of kids at once (we have 5 that will be in school all at the same time).

ChristianHerbal
by on Dec. 14, 2011 at 1:10 PM

I went to school full-time, homeschooled, worked full time and took care of a sick husband and graduated with a 3.87GPA. It forces you to focus more intently.

Precious333
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2011 at 1:25 PM

I agree and sympathize as well. Its hard homeschooling and taking care of small kids, with little adult interaction. Maybe consider doing play groups etc. so you can have some adult time while being with your kids, and holding off on school until your kids are older. My stepmom, who homeschools my siblings, was working full time when her kids were young, when she quit she spent a lot of time doing playdates, and realized it was more for her sake than the kids. Now her kids are older (preteens) and they rather be with their friends than with their parents, which is normal btw. She regrets being so busy all the time and feels she missed out on a lot by not staying home more with her kids. Just something to consider,

twinstartermom
by on Dec. 14, 2011 at 6:43 PM

ChristianHerbal- How did you do it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)