Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

If you could work outside the home, and hubby be the main homeschool parent, would you trade?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2011 at 10:42 AM
  • 20 Replies
by on Dec. 14, 2011 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Dec. 14, 2011 at 10:49 AM

no!

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 14, 2011 at 11:17 AM

I have days that I would love to trad off with him. I have no clue what I would do but it would have to make the same or more then he makes so that it would be worth it.

OneToughMami
by on Dec. 14, 2011 at 11:21 AM
not really...he has poor time management...they'd be working until midnight lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Dec. 14, 2011 at 12:09 PM
As nice as it sounds some days, no way. It is too rewarding, I don't want to share. ;)
If I *had* to work out of the home, I'd finally open my cloth diaper/baby wearing/ organic etc shop. And it would have a coffee shop inside. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AutumnDreamer
by on Dec. 14, 2011 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mem82:

What job would you do?

I wouldn't trade!  NO WAY! LOL

I was not made to work outside the home.  Hubby was.

Tracy ~
Wife to 1 Engineer
Mother of 3 Humans and 3 Dogs
http://journeyofahousewife.blogspot.com

hottmommi42
by on Dec. 14, 2011 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol, no. I love my children too much. The house rule for us is that daddy is a great daddy, but a horrible mommy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hottmommi42
by on Dec. 14, 2011 at 12:22 PM
And I would shop from you!

Quoting Boobah:

As nice as it sounds some days, no way. It is too rewarding, I don't want to share. ;)

If I *had* to work out of the home, I'd finally open my cloth diaper/baby wearing/ organic etc shop. And it would have a coffee shop inside. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoSaWy
by on Dec. 15, 2011 at 9:12 AM

There are days I'd want to say yes, but no would be my final answer. I enjoy being home with my children and watching them grow and become wonderful people. i was made to be a home mom and homeschooling has made that much more enjoyable. They are only small once and when they are gone I will miss them terribly. This doesnt mean I dont want a vacation from them at some point. But right now I am completely in love with having my children around me.

boy kissing mom

moonhorse
by on Dec. 15, 2011 at 9:20 AM

Legally it is the man's job in Islam to provide for his family so there is no such thing as 'stay at home dad" and many Arabs are traditional, the women become stay at home moms upon marriage. In Ali's country only like 5-10% of the women work.  Women have the right to work in Islam but we are under no obligation to support our family, our money we earn is ours to keep and do with as we like.  Muslim men (if they follow the Qur'an and Sunnah) treat their women like queens and their daughters like princesses.  Of course we can also have servants in Ali's country as well which is quite common in the Kingdom though Indonesia and the Phillippines are no longer sending maids over as servants due to some issues with Saudi law.  *At the moment the Kingdom is looking at getting servants from Morocco for the Saudi women.*  Anyway if I wanted to work I would be an Early Childhood Education/ESL teacher and this is what I plan on doing with my education, though the ESL part depends on if I have a biological son or not.

Angelica and Ali (10/19/2006).  Grandmother to Abdullah (7/9/2011).

Mu'min of Knowledge and Silent Lair-official author website

ummcarter
by on Dec. 15, 2011 at 9:27 AM

nah, I likekeeping my own hours

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)