Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

If you could work outside the home, and hubby be the main homeschool parent, would you trade?

Posted by   + Show Post
by on Dec. 14, 2011 at 10:42 AM
Replies (11-20):
jen2150
by Silver Member on Dec. 15, 2011 at 10:04 AM

no way.  My kids and I would be miserable.  We are doing the jobs that suits us best.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Dec. 15, 2011 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I would hate it, with a passion! I would rather not do it but if it was for the good of the family I would.

lucsch
by on Dec. 15, 2011 at 12:37 PM

No, I would not.

Actually, for several years I was the breadwinner of the family. I do not miss that one bit!

Teaching my dd to read was way more satisfying than working, for me. :)

by on Dec. 15, 2011 at 5:57 PM
That is actually exactly how it is done in our family. Kids are still too young for school but I work full time as a bookkeeper and am studying to become a certified accountant. Daddy stays home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poohbear1183
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 8:41 AM

I wouldn't trade because if he stayed home, he would slep all morning and stay up late playng video games..wel that is what eh does now. and he gets a litle frustrated when our smart 3 1/2 yr old doesn't get stuff the first time. i have to remind him that even though she is beginning to read, and is doing kindergarten level stuf she is stil only 3.

so i guess what i should say is i would not trade because i like teaching them.

ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Dec. 16, 2011 at 2:57 PM

no.

Gumberly
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 3:38 PM
Nope, never!
Princess48847
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 5:29 PM

I work full-time (ds comes to work with me) and homeschool. Me and hubby split it. On his days off he takes over the school work and honestly it isn't that much since our son is only three, the work consists of very tactile games and hands on activities. Dh loves it and works very hard at his job so I don't ask him to keep baby at home on his days off he just wants to and wants to do the school stuff with him. I must say, I am lucky to have my wonderful husband.

nikki0522
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 5:30 PM

No way! DH has no patience for homeschooling and I would never make enough to support us.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Dec. 16, 2011 at 6:05 PM
Awww, thank you. I actually run an online shop now, but I only carry cloth diapers, accessories, kids toys, and am looking into carrying slings/wraps/etc. I want to carry an organic skin line but can't decide which one!

Quoting hottmommi42:

And I would shop from you!

Quoting Boobah:

As nice as it sounds some days, no way. It is too rewarding, I don't want to share. ;)

If I *had* to work out of the home, I'd finally open my cloth diaper/baby wearing/ organic etc shop. And it would have a coffee shop inside. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN