Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Just wanted to see...

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2011 at 11:34 PM
  • 11 Replies

what is your most favorite thing to teach and what is the most important to you?

Mine math is my favorite and the most important Reading.

by on Dec. 15, 2011 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OneToughMami
by on Dec. 15, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Most important is reading and well math right now, since she's learning basic helpful stuff like multiplication. Now what is my favorite thing to teach? History, Social Studies, and Art...I have a History and Integrated Art degree ;-) and my Masters is in Secondary Edu. Social Studies, which I am hoping I can finish and still homeschool :-( being I have to do my fields and my student teaching :-(

jen2150
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2011 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Curiosity.  The most important thing to teach a child is a life long desire to learn and a determination to see their passion through.

oredeb
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 10:29 AM

to have patience, respect for everyone, thing, even if they,it isnt something you would do or believe in is my favorite thing that ive taught my kids.

the most important is about the love of jesus christ.

but if you are meaning school subjects my favorite to teach is history or reading

but the most important ones were reading and math

bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Our favorite subject/s are science and history.  Reading and love of learning is the most important.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2011 at 11:10 AM

I love teaching History but I think the moat important thing is reading comprehension so the kids can teach themselves whatever they want.

ummcarter
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 11:16 AM

fav? science? what ever he gets excited about and thats usualy science the most important? study skills in general I figure is he has good study skills he can teach himself anything

romacox
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2011 at 1:10 PM

My favorite is Reading, and most important too.  I figure if they can read well, and retain their desire to learn,  they will be able to learn independently of me.

YaHuWaHismyall
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 1:13 PM

My favorite & most important I both say would be reading.

poohbear1183
by on Dec. 17, 2011 at 8:06 AM

Hannah begs for spelling and math everyday. we are working on some A words. gonna get some magazzines and cut out letters for her to make the words.

i am looking forward to teaching history because it was always my favorite

mynameismuerte
by on Dec. 17, 2011 at 8:11 AM
My favorite to teach is anything relating to geography or social studies. The single most important to me is reading followed very closely by math.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)