Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Hi, I'm new to the group!

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 1:19 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi, I'm Terra or Snoop (nickname) I have 2 stepdd's 16yrs & 7yrs & me & dh have two dd's together 6yrs & our youngest will be 4yrs on New Years. I was homeschooled through a private school using the PACE curriculum from grade 6-12. I homeschooled my now 16yr old stepdd I tried many different curriculums with her, I don't school her anymore, she's living with her mom now. My 6yr old dd was homeschooled for preschool, went to public Kindergarten but she is now homeschooled through the public school district curriculum. I plan to continue homeschooling her & my 3yr old. I've been at this for a while. :) I hope to make some friends. I live out in the middle of the North Florida Boonies so I don't have many people to talk to. If you wanna know anything else just ask. :)

by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
crystalhend
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi we llive far out to but in Alaska but a lot of people homeschool out here. Welcome to the group.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 3:15 PM

hi terra! thats great your hsing your kids! best way to go as you know, if i had to do it all over again I'd hs still!!hahahah

just wanted to give you a welcome! oh yes do you have alligators??

debbie

YaHuWaHismyall
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Thanks! I don't have alligators as pets but they are everywhere out here. If you go swimming, fishing or playing out anywhere in woods that are near water you have to be careful that you don't roll up on one & become it's dinner. We have all kinds of creepy critters down here, Moccasins are the worst imo, they are big, fat poisonous water snakes that are so aggressive they will actually chase you. :(

Quoting oredeb:

hi terra! thats great your hsing your kids! best way to go as you know, if i had to do it all over again I'd hs still!!hahahah

debbie

oredeb
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 3:24 PM

those moccosins i wouldnt like ,the others i dont mind, and i like snakes, but not those kind!!!hahaha our only poisonous snake here is the rattlesnake, and they like to get out of the way when they hear someone coming most of the time!

Quoting YaHuWaHismyall:

Thanks! I don't have alligators as pets but they are everywhere out here. If you go swimming, fishing or playing out anywhere in woods that are near water that you don't roll up on one & become it's dinner. We have all kinds of creepy critters down here, Moccasins are the worst imo, they are big, fat poisonous water snakes that are so aggressive they will actually chase you. :(

Quoting oredeb:

debbie

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 16, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Welcome to the group!

ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Dec. 16, 2011 at 7:54 PM

welcome :)

romacox
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2011 at 11:42 AM

Have you checked out the Florida Parent Educators Association? They can possibly help you find other Home Educators near you.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Dec. 17, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Welcome to the group! My name is Shannon and I HS my 2 sons (10 & 7).

YaHuWaHismyall
by on Dec. 17, 2011 at 2:48 PM

No, I haven't, I'll have to check that out, Thanks!

Quoting romacox:

Have you checked out the Florida Parent Educators Association? They can possibly help you find other Home Educators near you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)