Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

sensory tubs?

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 2:52 PM
  • 7 Replies

i've heard people talk about them but what are they exactly? do you use them? whhat ages are they geared for?

Merry Coltsmas!

by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
OneToughMami
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 3:31 PM

I don't use them. My daughter is older. They are generally used for younger pre-school age kids. This blogger has some really neat ideas for sensory tubs though http://countingcoconuts.blogspot.com/2011/07/transportation-sensory-tub.html

oredeb
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 3:38 PM

im not sure what they are either, but its probably a different name for something thats been around already!!! heres a site i found http://www.preschoolexpress.com/discovery-station11/sensory-tubs-may.shtml

ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Dec. 16, 2011 at 3:39 PM

my son is 4 & my daughter is 18 months so i was thinking it might be good to start some for my daughter.

Merry Coltsmas!

OneToughMami
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 3:41 PM

As long as you are putting in larger items, it probably is...they seem pretty snazzy. I saw an ocean themed one when I was looking through images...might be something to do in science class..

oredeb
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 3:41 PM

yea go for it!!! reminds me of letting the kids play in the dirt, mud, etc!

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

my son is 4 & my daughter is 18 months so i was thinking it might be good to start some for my daughter.

hottmommi42
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 4:24 PM
I absolutely use them. They are amazing! I use them for my neice who is 7 months (i use mouth safe stuff, or make it big enough that she can't choke, and I never leave her alone with it) all the way up to my 6 year old. We've put oatmeal in it, colored rice (currently in there) soapy water w food coloring to change the colors of the bubbles, we have done wet toilet paper, snow, polymer bead things I found at the craft store, marbles, etc. Basically, if it can be touched and is non toxic, I use it.
Making mine was super simple. I had an unused tupperware container (its a 6 gallon I think) in the garage, so I washed it, filled it, and I use the lid to close it up when I want to put it away. Mine was free, but u might need to invest 5 bucks or so if you don't have a container yet. The other suggestions is either a waterproof pad (i got a 3x5 one at toys r us, but it was not cheap) or a tarp. I have sealed hardwood floors, so messes for me are easy, but if you only have carpet this will save your sanity. Don't put too much thought into it. But, do have fun with them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 16, 2011 at 7:40 PM

OH this sounds like something that I need to know more about!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)