Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

music lessons

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 3:18 PM
  • 26 Replies
Do you do music lessons we do violin and guitar
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 3:20 PM

yes the kids take piano, guitar, bass, drums, keyboard, mandolin, violin,

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 3:21 PM

We just bought a piano for Christmas. We are going to start them on that and see where it takes them.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 3:22 PM

Quoting oredeb:

WOW! Do they do it all or do all your kids play something different?

oredeb
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 3:25 PM

the kids can play all the instruments but they have there favorites, once they learned the piano, they can learn anything with music!

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting oredeb:

OneToughMami
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 3:27 PM

We have been debating whether we wated Bucks to play an instrument. When she was in PS she wanted to play sax, but I think piano is a good start. I might see if I can get at the very least, a keyboard off Craigslist...or a used one just in case she doesn't like it.

Quoting oredeb:

the kids can play all the instruments but they have there favorites, once they learned the piano, they can learn anything with music!

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting oredeb:

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 3:29 PM

That is what we are thinking. LOL! I use to play clarinet but can't anymore due to jaw surgery. I am excited to get my hands on the piano and learn to play it. I miss having the music in our house. =D

Quoting oredeb:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting oredeb:

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 3:30 PM

We got a great, full sized keyboard with fully weighted keys at Costco. =D

Quoting OneToughMami:

We have been debating whether we wated Bucks to play an instrument. When she was in PS she wanted to play sax, but I think piano is a good start. I might see if I can get at the very least, a keyboard off Craigslist...or a used one just in case she doesn't like it.

Quoting oredeb:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting oredeb:

OneToughMami
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 3:32 PM

We need a Costco :-(...so many deals there :-(

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

We got a great, full sized keyboard with fully weighted keys at Costco. =D

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting oredeb:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting oredeb:

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 16, 2011 at 7:38 PM

My husband is selftought on the guitar & when the kids show intrest he helps them learn it. My oldest is teaching himself to play the Ocarina. We also have the video game Rock Band 3 & if you get the full drum kit for it & the key board (we have both) you can learn to play the drums & key board for real(the controller instruments are just like the real thing & the game teaches you how to play them) My oldest is learning the drums & I am learning the key board.

Danielle163
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Quoting usmom3:

My husband is selftought on the guitar & when the kids show intrest he helps them learn it. My oldest is teaching himself to play the Ocarina. We also have the video game Rock Band 3 & if you get the full drum kit for it & the key board (we have both) you can learn to play the drums & key board for real(the controller instruments are just like the real thing & the game teaches you how to play them) My oldest is learning the drums & I am learning the key board.

usmom3--Did you buy that RB 3 at like Walmart? Sounds very cool. And if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost (for the game, full drum kit and keyboard)? Thanks for the info.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)