Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
Do you do music lessons we do violin and guitar
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 16, 2011 at 3:18 PM
Replies (21-26):
calimom1123
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Well since I actually teach violin I give my dd lessons here and there. Shes not at the point where shes really serious about learning although she can play a few songs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I would like for my kids to learn at least piano. My 2 yr old is showing more interest...my 7 yr old wants to play, but wants to be a pro already and doesn't want to learn the basics or how to read music or anything....I'll have to find someone else to teach her to play because I don't have the patience for that attitude.  I almost have the 2 yr old playing ABCs though.  Hopefully in a few more years my 7 yr old can pick out any other instrument (besides drums merely because we have no room for a full set and I can't play the drums and its the one instrument I prefer not to learn) which hopefully will give her more of an insentive to learn music.  In the mean time I'll keep wishing one of the kids shows an interest in it in the mean time lol.

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:01 PM

We have a few kids that play piano and a few that plays the violin (my husband plays both).

globalhorse45
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:28 AM

No

lucsch
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:32 PM

I give my dd piano lessons. Next year or the next, I will start her on flute. My dh will teach her guitar. At 9, she is already interested in writing vocal lyrics, and writes pages of them. They don't always make sense. My son ds18 will improvise on the piano and sing them to music. LOL It can be quite funny.

My other children (now 23, 18, and 17) each played something in band, though the younger two of them quit. My youngest son took 2 years of piano and played the trumpet for 4 years. However, he is the least musical of my kids and has not pursued anything further. My 18yo is minoring in piano/vocal/music theory along with a math degree in college. He took 12 years of piano lessons, played the saxophone, a little on the flute, and was in every musical at school along with jazz choir his last year. He has music coming from every pore of his body. LOL My 23yo played trombone throughout high school and sang in one musical. He took some trombone lessons for about a year early on, had absolutely no piano lessons (he is the only one of mine that did not). He is not pursuing music in any way at the moment.

They say that music lessons help develop mathematical thinking. All my kids are great at math--perhaps they are examples that it is true?

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2012 at 8:58 AM

I play a little piano...the offering at church on Sundays.  I really wish we had one so that I/we had more opportunity to practice! 

Our son plays bass, guitar, and anything else he wanted to play I'm sure, he has that pick it up and play it musical talent.  My husband plays guitar and bass.  Our teenager plays the drums in worship.  All of our kids are learning the guitar and the piano, and vocals as well.  Our family leads our church's worship team, so they have plenty of opportunity to play!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)