Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I'm tired.

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2011 at 9:09 AM
  • 13 Replies
And I am trying to tell myself how this is the right choice. Actually, I know it is. But I still can't get the thought out of my head that it would be so nice to have her in private school next year while I adjust to the baby. so I keep telling myself I'll have to get up early, get me and all 3 kids ready to take her to school, and then pick her up.

I know I'm not going to do it, but I guess I'm just scared of how things are going to go when baby gets here. I'm already doing the bare minimum with how exhausted and sick I've been during this pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 19, 2011 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 19, 2011 at 9:57 AM

You know it is normal to have fears when your life is about to change in a big way. You know in your heart that homeschooling is the best even if you are slacking right now you will get things together in time & it will all work. Remember that the worst homeschooling parent still dose a better job then the best public or privet school because as a parent you know your child like no one else ever will & you care more for them then any teacher can.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Dec. 19, 2011 at 9:58 AM
:) thank you, I needed reminded of that. It was something that sold us on homeschooling to begin with. (the worst homeschooling parent....)

Quoting usmom3:

You know it is normal to have fears when your life is about to change in a big way. You know in your heart that homeschooling is the best even if you are slacking right now you will get things together in time & it will all work. Remember that the worst homeschooling parent still dose a better job then the best public or privet school because as a parent you know your child like no one else ever will & you care more for them then any teacher can.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 19, 2011 at 10:08 AM

I need that reminder too sometimes. Especially on the days that my children seam to become repelled by anyone that shares some DNA with them!

Quoting Boobah:

:) thank you, I needed reminded of that. It was something that sold us on homeschooling to begin with. (the worst homeschooling parent....)

Quoting usmom3:

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2011 at 10:19 AM

Speaking from very recent experience, lol, it is much easier to slip in some schooling between baby then to get everyone up and dressed and out the door by a certain time.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Dec. 19, 2011 at 10:22 AM
I HATED that when Julia was in public k. Especially in the rain, snow, etc. I knew I could count on you ladies to knock some sense into me. ;) but I'll probably post this again in may when I'm gtting ready for baby to come. Haha

Quoting Dawn07:

Speaking from very recent experience, lol, it is much easier to slip in some schooling between baby then to get everyone up and dressed and out the door by a certain time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Dec. 19, 2011 at 10:52 AM

how far along are you now boobah? shouldnt the sickness be lessing?

CoffeeMamaOf5
by on Dec. 19, 2011 at 10:58 AM

((((( Hugs ))))))

Remember, you are not bound to what the public or private school system is doing in your area.You can start, stop & start, stop again, anytime you feel like it.

This is going to be a precious time for you to sit on the couch and nurse your baby while the other children gather round you for a read aloud. Or you can rest on the couch while they are learning through play time right in front of you -- you can ask questions to encourage certain learning and they can enjoy learning through life. ( which we believe is the way to learn, rather than here's 10 books, go fill in the blanks and answer questions )

Maybe you decide to school only a couple days week, instead of 5, there are so many options. It doesnt have to be the way the world does it -- otherwise we'd send them to school, right? We ( us homeschoolers )do it our way----and that changes with the seasons of life. A move, a new baby, a job change, all of those things will prompt you to re-evaluate some things and make the necessary changes.

I have 5 children, homeschooling them all, since birth -- I took the time off I needed with each birth; some was a month, some 3 weeks, others, 2 months...we have gone from 5 days a week to 3..whatever worked for our season of life.

Don't get caught up with what everyone says you need to do......you find out what you and children can do and go with it.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Dec. 19, 2011 at 11:01 AM
16 weeks today. Previous pregnancies I've been sick to about 18 weeks. I'm hopeful it ends by then, or sooner. My poor SIL had it all through both of her pregnancies.
I will have a good day, then pay for it the next. Lol

Quoting oredeb:

how far along are you now boobah? shouldnt the sickness be lessing?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 19, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Nikki is three months, now, and I can promise you, it does get easier! LOL You'll have the baby right before summer, right? Take that summer to let everyone get adjusted and just about the time the 'fourth trimester' is over, you'll be ready to go. Somedays, I do feel swamped, but those days get less and less as she gets older. Also, maybe you can sign up for some online things to supplement what you actually have to teach? Or look on Amazon for used DVDs/CDroms? That way you can feel like you aren't 'wasting' time while you get adjusted.

*hugs*

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Dec. 19, 2011 at 11:08 AM
It's not that I have anyone else telling me what I should do. It is me. I have this huge guilt when I don't get things done or we are behind, it is really hard to let go of it. I just feel like she is SUCH a smart kid and has such potential, she could be way further than we are, but I've had to "hold her back" because of my issues.

Hubby is so supportive, and I know he understands how I feel right now, but I can see the disappointment in his face when dd says we didn't do math or whatever that day. I'm disappointed too. And she wants to learn so bad.

I am frustrated because we were really rockin it before I got pregnant. We were way ahead, and doing all subjects every day. Now we might get reading, math, and spelling done on a good day. Some days just reading. Occasionally I'll hit science and history. I don't want this to sound bad, because I'm happy we are having a new little one, but it wasn't planned. And I'm not sure we would have chosen HS if we would have known.

Quoting CoffeeMamaOf5:

((((( Hugs ))))))

Remember, you are not bound to what the public or private school system is doing in your area.You can start, stop & start, stop again, anytime you feel like it.

This is going to be a precious time for you to sit on the couch and nurse your baby while the other children gather round you for a read aloud. Or you can rest on the couch while they are learning through play time right in front of you -- you can ask questions to encourage certain learning and they can enjoy learning through life. ( which we believe is the way to learn, rather than here's 10 books, go fill in the blanks and answer questions )

Maybe you decide to school only a couple days week, instead of 5, there are so many options. It doesnt have to be the way the world does it -- otherwise we'd send them to school, right? We ( us homeschoolers )do it our way----and that changes with the seasons of life. A move, a new baby, a job change, all of those things will prompt you to re-evaluate some things and make the necessary changes.

I have 5 children, homeschooling them all, since birth -- I took the time off I needed with each birth; some was a month, some 3 weeks, others, 2 months...we have gone from 5 days a week to 3..whatever worked for our season of life.

Don't get caught up with what everyone says you need to do......you find out what you and children can do and go with it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN