Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you find to be the biggest challenges with homeschooling?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2011 at 10:55 AM
  • 10 Replies

what do you find to be the biggest challenges with homeschooling and how do you deal with it or them?

by on Dec. 20, 2011 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2011 at 11:33 AM

My biggest challenge is holding onto both my patience and my temper.

I'm still working on dealing with them both.

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 20, 2011 at 12:28 PM

The hardest part is something that all parents deal with no matter if the kids are homeschooled or not, The sibling conflicts.

poohbear1183
by on Dec. 21, 2011 at 7:04 AM

patience and staying organized...actually getting organized

bmw29
by Member on Dec. 21, 2011 at 7:08 AM
Keeping the house clean amid all the experiments and projects.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wright1212
by on Dec. 21, 2011 at 9:02 AM

CLEANING..im going crazy with my house being trashed. If we do any schooling, its soooo messy. HOWEVER if I could honestly spend a week cleaning with just a little help with kids and get everything truly clean it would stay that way. Because we would be so busy with school only the school room would get messy.

#2 is we are at a point of needing to make more curriculum choices. My DD flies through math so fast I dont know where to go next...So I am thinking if we had a more structed thing it might be easier-i would still jump around based on her needs though.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 21, 2011 at 12:08 PM

I'm with the ladies about cleaning issues.

ravenclaw78
by on Dec. 21, 2011 at 1:42 PM
my son not doing work. i deal with by taking away 5 min. recess.
DrJChappell
by on Dec. 21, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Dealing with my mother - she's constantly on me about the "socialization" thing. That part of living in the world is learning to deal with all kinds of people and that homeschooling can't possibly prepare them for that. REALLY???? DS13 is a Boy Scout and plays arena football and has friends in the neighborhood. DS12 is a Boy Scout and plays clarinet. DD8 is a Girl Scout and takes drama classes. How is that NOT socialization?

mommaof1297
by on Dec. 22, 2011 at 1:20 AM

Going to park. I am constantly asked if we need an financial assistance or shelter or food help. We go to play on the mud around the lake or in the pond, or see wha is under dead tress. So we are dressed in stained and torn play clothes which in this area signals major financial problems.

oredeb
by debbie on Dec. 22, 2011 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

hahahahahahahhahahaah momma of, i had that same problem when my kids were young when at the park!!hahahahahahaha people would walk up to us and hand me money!

Quoting mommaof1297:

Going to park. I am constantly asked if we need an financial assistance or shelter or food help. We go to play on the mud around the lake or in the pond, or see wha is under dead tress. So we are dressed in stained and torn play clothes which in this area signals major financial problems.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)