Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you celebrate New Years eve?????

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 11:47 AM
  • 8 Replies

anything special?

parties? fireworks, singing, nothing, etc????

by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2011 at 12:03 PM

Nope, we just watch the kids get slap happy from staying up so late. LOL This is the first year in a while, that Hubby doesn't have to work the next morning. 8)

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Dec. 27, 2011 at 12:18 PM
We usually go to my parent's house. They live about an hour away in the mountains where there are few idiots to deal with. Too many crazies where we live.

We go, build a fire in the fire place, play board n card games, drink cocoa n relax. Usually we watch the ball drop in times square and go to bed by 10 pm...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 27, 2011 at 12:26 PM

We have gone to parties in the past & even done fireworks. What I love to do is have special drinks (like Shirley Temples & other Kiddie Cocktails) for the kids & me (I don't like to drink much) & special snacks that we don't normally get to eat. And we just spend the time as a family playing games & hanging out. My kids don't think staying up till midnight is special because that is what time we go to bed every night. 

oredeb
by debbie on Dec. 27, 2011 at 12:59 PM

we usually watch the fireworks that one of the hotels are sending off, hang out at the beach watching the sunset, or by the pool,  also playing board games, talking, eating, drinking, but this year we are leaving later so i think we will be in the sky!

jakesgal88
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 8:23 PM

We spend the new years with the kidlets. We get sparkling cider and put it in wine glasses... they think it's sooo cool. lol. We get snacks and pizza. Play games and watch movies. Just a fun night for the family. We aren't really into going out and drinking and all of our parents, and family members that babysit occassionally, go out. We enjoy hanging out and making it fun for the kiddies though.

buzymom93
by on Dec. 28, 2011 at 11:07 AM

i think this new years we will have a movie night!!

Christian Homeschooling Mamma to two wonderful, busy, animal loving boys... Mario, 18yrs, and Isaiah, 6yrs

Check out my blog:    http://ourcrazyhomeschoollife.blogspot.com/

noraa21
by Member on Dec. 28, 2011 at 3:28 PM

Same thing I did as a kid, we get chips, dips, soda, and pizza and just sit around playing games all night, and watching movies.  My DS loves it as this is one time he can eat junk, stay up late and not get into trouble for it, we usually watch the ball drop and then listen to all the crazies shoot off illegal fireworks and shoot off thier guns inside the city limits!

sew4fun
by on Dec. 28, 2011 at 4:29 PM

I want to do something but I am not sure what yet. Budget is still very limited. The girls love mask and dressing up so I may have a little kiddy mascarade party and have them make mask with feathers and I will make them little dresses for them to decorate,maybe make crowns and wands too . Then have a dance party . I would love to make little fun foods. I do have marshmellows so we may cover them in chocolate and dip them in sprinkles, make muffin pizzas and corn dogs and have a fun punch of some kind. I really want one activity for the night to be putting together photos of them for the past year. Then make a journal of sorts of goals for the new year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)