Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you get what you wanted for Christmas?

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 3:06 PM
BJ
  • 6 Replies

I got stuff that I had placed on my amazon wish list, so in a way I did but I really wanted my hubby to give me something that he came up with on his own. He used to write me love letters & stuff like that I would have loved one snuck in my stocking or a special journal that he would write to me in so that every once in a while I would find a new note or letter to me in it. Dose that all sound lame?

by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2011 at 3:18 PM

awww That doesn't sound lame at all! I would wait a few weeks and then write him a love letter. It will remind him of how he used to do it for you and it'll get the ball rolling again.

101stwife
by Member on Dec. 27, 2011 at 5:00 PM

I'm not sure yet. We live in Germany and my Dh ordered my gift online. It didn't come in time for Christmas so he went out and got me a Christmas Precious Moment figurine (I collect them and LOVE it!). We just got a notice though that we have a package at the mailroom so I should find out tomorrow what he got me:0)

I LOVE the love letter idea for the stocking! It is not lame at all, to me those are the best gifts:0)

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 27, 2011 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this

That is a great idea & I am going to do it!

Quoting mem82:

awww That doesn't sound lame at all! I would wait a few weeks and then write him a love letter. It will remind him of how he used to do it for you and it'll get the ball rolling again.

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 27, 2011 at 7:25 PM

How sweet of him to get that! I hope you love what you get!

I agree that they are the best I sometimes ask for them for Valentines Day & Mothers day instead of gifts.

Quoting 101stwife:

I'm not sure yet. We live in Germany and my Dh ordered my gift online. It didn't come in time for Christmas so he went out and got me a Christmas Precious Moment figurine (I collect them and LOVE it!). We just got a notice though that we have a package at the mailroom so I should find out tomorrow what he got me:0)

I LOVE the love letter idea for the stocking! It is not lame at all, to me those are the best gifts:0)

CoffeeMamaOf5
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Not lame at all --- perhaps you can tell him how special those things were to you....sometimes they need to hear it gently from us to remind them.

Yes, I did get what I was hoping for and a couple other things my husband came up with....

mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2011 at 9:13 PM

you rock

Quoting usmom3:

That is a great idea & I am going to do it!

Quoting mem82:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)