Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

starline press

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 3:44 AM
  • 6 Replies
I am looking in to this have any of you seen or worked with them the are supposed to be like Lifepacs but not sure. Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 3:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 29, 2011 at 11:08 AM

I don't know anything about it But I bet someone in here dose!

oredeb
by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 11:09 AM

gona go check it out, dont think ive ever heard of it

mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2011 at 11:17 AM

I've never heard of it. Can't wait to hear more about it.

oredeb
by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 11:34 AM

it does seem like aop or christian light, or any of the workbooks, sounds secular, heres a review if youve not seen it yet  http://www.homeschoolreviews.com/forums/1/thread.aspx?id=75134

hmm they might sell them at barnes and noble book store so you can get a look at them, ive seen the ones for older kids on amazon they look pretty good but not seen any of the younger booklets.

itsrks
by on Dec. 30, 2011 at 12:31 PM

We tried them. They were okay for a while but then the kids didn't do well with them. They are used in a charter school so the kids can work independently. They are secular but they include some character education quotes which I thought were nice. Your kids have to really like workbooks if you want to use them. They might be good for a subject or two but I wouldn't recommend them for everything.

The literature or maybe it's called English books have workbooks that only record what they read and have the same generic questions to answer on the book that was read. I'd say those were a waste of money.

They may have changed now because I got them years ago and they were just developing them. I see they offer a lot more now. However, I think they are mostly black and white. At most, they have a small color picture here and there. They are definitely not colorful. Years ago, the quality was cheap and the price was the same back then. I'd start by ordering one book and see if it's a good fit.

Get HEART (Help and support, Expansion of the mind and heart, Academic excellence, Realization of unique genius, and Training of heart) for less than $1 a day!  http://www.upliftingeducation.net/

sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Seems very price to me. Each subject is broken up into 10 books and each book is $14.95 each. The only subject I pay anywhere near that amount for is Math, and that is Teaching Textbooks, so that means we get a 5-8 CD-ROMs and a very thick textbook

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN