Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

please help, hubby doesn't want to compromise even! piog

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2011 at 10:58 AM
  • 3 Replies

"Hey everyone! I have a 5,3 and 1 yr old. currently I am homeschooling. We are doing classical conversations, which is a classical christain curriculum and I tutor my son's age group once a week. I also do thingsa on my own with them. My husband is not a christain and wants them to attend the puiblic school system.full time and for me to go back to work someday soon. I am completely opposed. I see NOTHING positive in sending the kids to school/. So I search for schools in our area and found a opublic charter school that has home study program For me tis is a huge compromise I would be making, and yet he still objects. He wants mte to be able to get a full time job (he's working two jobs now) and I have been trying to find way right now to stay home with the kids and earn money,but so far I have not found anything. Also he wants them in school full time and he isn't happy about this school because its by lottery, and he's worried they may like it and not be able to get chosen from the lottery the folowing years. He flat out said "no" to the home study for the charter, but not necessary for them gong to the charter full time. I'm just so frustrated and worried about next year.

Allso, are there any homeschoolers here that work full time? How do you do it? Because I would like that to be an option, I rather that than them going to school full time.)

<3 Julia: wife of Drew, mom of Damien and Gavin, baby Harley 2/09-3/09, Mason 9-19-2010  Isaiah 66:10-13 Breastfeeding Moms: group Mod

by on Dec. 30, 2011 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Wow, that's hard. I don't see you being able to compromise until you get the money thing straightened out. It sounds like he is burning out, working two jobs, and doesn't see staying at home as work, especially work that is more valuable than a pay check. Have you thought about taking in kids to babysit?

Precious333
by Julia on Dec. 30, 2011 at 11:21 AM
I wouldnt mind taking kids in to babysit but I already have three and only a one bedroom place...with a tiny room converted to a playroom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Julia on Dec. 30, 2011 at 11:22 AM
also i do tuto on wednesdays and ge paid and teach on fridays nd get paid...the money i make though is not enough
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)