Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did homeschooling have an impact on your marriage?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 1:09 PM
  • 9 Replies
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 3, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I think that it has helped our entire family be closer to each other including me & my husband.

CoffeeMamaOf5
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Definitely

Quoting usmom3:

I think that it has helped our entire family be closer to each other including me & my husband.

TigerLily1634
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Better. Soooo much better. We homeschool and parent on democratic and gentle principles. As that moved naturally into homeschooling, it also affected the way we treated each other, and it's benefitted everyone in our home.

OneToughMami
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 8:12 PM

It honestly has no impact either way. He's just happy that he can have some input into what she is learning about technology. Like technology at her old PS was her sitting in front of a computer playing games. He's teaching her about how the computer works before everything else lol

Strega
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Maybe a little. It's made everyone stronger altogether, our Marriage and our Family.

wedding website

PhotobucketFollow Me on Pinterest

MS.TAI75
by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 3:45 AM

Quoting mem82:

for better or worse?

Home-schooling had a positive impact on my new marriage.  I resigned from my job May 2011 and in June officially got married after 5 years with 2 children.  My marriage is new, homeschooling is new, and being home from work is all new for me.  But I can honestly say that things between myself, my children and my husband is better. 

I am adjusting to life at home, considering I worked very hard in the corporate world for way too long.  I have to find ways to occupy my time and not sit and get fat but be active and fat. lol just kidding about the fat part.  That's another adjustment, getting fit for me and being healthier physically, mentally, and spiritually.

Ms. Tai

feeding baby

SuprMom12042702
by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Its made things better for us. The first two months after we started homeschooling my husband was the one doing the teaching. He was relearning things he had forgotten from school, and enjoyed teaching the kids. {I was busy working a temp job}, then the roles reversed and I was teacher and he was working (now we take turns lol) But it has helped him understand online learning a little bit more {we are using Connections Academy this year} and he has started college online and is pursuing a bachelors degree. So not only has it helped him and I connect on another level it has helped him do something that he has always wanted to do!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I started homeschooling the year after I quit work. It was a big adjustment, all the way around but our life and marriage is so much better.

Quoting MS.TAI75:

Quoting mem82:

for better or worse?

Home-schooling had a positive impact on my new marriage.  I resigned from my job May 2011 and in June officially got married after 5 years with 2 children.  My marriage is new, homeschooling is new, and being home from work is all new for me.  But I can honestly say that things between myself, my children and my husband is better. 

I am adjusting to life at home, considering I worked very hard in the corporate world for way too long.  I have to find ways to occupy my time and not sit and get fat but be active and fat. lol just kidding about the fat part.  That's another adjustment, getting fit for me and being healthier physically, mentally, and spiritually.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jan. 5, 2012 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Positive, I think. I found out just how much he supports and trusts me, even on my bad days. He will occasionally question me when I haven't done much in a few days. Lol but I think I need that to keep me going. It's easy to get into the routine of slacking when you feel like poo all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)