Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need HELP finding curriculum *EDIT*

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 2:12 PM
  • 22 Replies

Ok heres the thing, I have a two year old son and would like to start going over some preschool curriculum and teaching him his colors, shapes, etc. Do any of you ladies have any sites or places where I can get a curriculum for him that I can teach him....oh and Im not trying to be cheap but prefer it to be free....lol

Thanks!!!!

EDIT*

Thank you ladies....These were the ideas I was looking for....I guess curriculum was the wrong word....I do understand that at his age I have plenty of time and it should be fun which is already my intention. So thank you to the ones that gave me wonderful tips and understood that I just want to start early so that my child has the best possible start to a great education.....  :)

by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JsMommy1003
by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Bumpity Bump Bump!!

JsMommy1003
by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 2:14 PM

BUMP

JsMommy1003
by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Bump

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 4, 2012 at 2:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Just use his toys & stuff around the house to help him learn!

At that age it should always be about playing & fun!

poohbear1183
by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 3:35 PM

check out www.letteroftheweek.com

AutumnDreamer
by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 3:38 PM
4 moms liked this

I am always amazed at the number of women that think kids need a currciulum at 2-4 years old.  I blame PS for this and nursery schools.  Everything you need to teach him colors numbers and letters and even adding and subtracting you can find in your home.  You do NOT need a currciulum.

ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Jan. 4, 2012 at 3:59 PM

confessionsofahomeschooler.com

P.N._Guin
by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Timberdoodle.cm has some realy neat, open-ended TOYS for babies and toddlers, and play at home mom
Has some fun ideas for, well, play that the kiddos will naturally learn from

I looked at letter of the week because my then 2 yo was really into crafts, but we found it to be seriously lacking in FUN. No time for flash cards has some really nifty crafty ideas for little hands :)

Those are my favorite sites for planned activities, but really, we don't do much planning. I agree 100% with Autumn, 2 is way too young for any type of curriculum or busy work. Just have fun with your little one. He is a little sponge, and I guarantee will surprise you one day with how much he "suddenly" knows!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
P.N._Guin
by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this
And 1plus1plus1equals1.blogspot.com

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

confessionsofahomeschooler.com

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Jan. 4, 2012 at 4:03 PM

2teachingmommies are great too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)