Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Some of those "ah ha!" moments that makes homeschooling great.

Posted by   + Show Post

Who says "learning" has to wait until they are 3?

I have been working with the kiddos on just some basics, they are 2 and a half right now.  Animal noises? Psh, they had those by the time they were two.  They can point to and name 22 body parts.    And they can recgonize and name Square, circle, triangle, diamond, heart, star, music note, and treble clef (the last two from music class lol).  We also are doing well on colors.  They can also name the flute, horn (any brass instrument they call a horn) guitar, and piano (or as they call it, pi-nano).  

But today, we had a really fun break through.  DS now can recognize, and say, A, B, C, D, and E.  And both can name a few other letters in the alphabet.  AND they both are counting to five now.  I know they are behind some kids their age, but I'm still very proud of them.

And, we played our first matching memory game online today.  DD got the hang of it after about 5 minutes, and DS followed soon after.  They actually had a blast with it, going for almost 30 minutes.  It had 6 pairs, fruit, to match.  And they could get the first 3 no issue.  The fourth, fifth, and sixth pairs seemed to trouble them, but not bad for a first run.

I guess it just gave me a boost of confidence in my ability to teach. Okay, yeah, I'm bragging just a little bit :-)  Sorry, i'm just proud of them (and me too!)

by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 3:51 AM
Replies (11-12):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2012 at 12:15 PM

LOL Make sure to mention our group to anyone who does or may homeschool!

Quoting katzmeow726:

I didn't know you were here either LOL!  Yay happy surprises!

Quoting OneToughMami:

woooo :-)

On a side note...I didn't know you were in this group!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jan. 7, 2012 at 9:55 PM
My two year old has been surprising me a lot lately :) you're doing a great job mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)