Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi! I'm new here. I'm hoping to homeschool my daughter, Amelia. She is supposed to start Kindergarten in the fall.

Has anyone tried k12.com? If so how did you like it? Also if you live in VA do you have any information about how to homeschool in VA?

Thank you:)

by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 9:04 AM
Replies (11-13):
SuperFlyKy
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 4:52 AM

I just started k12 with my DD and we love it. She is in Kindergarten also and it has been a little different getting used to the k12 schedule but we do both enjoy it and most of the math is stuff she already knows so she is flying through it. We started this year doing homeschool but it was very stressful so I am much happier with k12. Alot of people do not like it because they think the schedule is too much and you have to do 6 hours a day which is what I thought too. It's not really like that though. Tomorrow I am going out of town so we did all of our work for today and tomorrow today except 1 subject so when we get home that is all we will have to do for tomorrow. I love the way they set it up and it is usually only about 2-3 hours of work a day not 6 unless the child is older then the day is longer.

aspiringangel01
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 3:00 PM

We're looking into k12 for the next school year the only bad thing so far is in Texas is they can't do the public k12 until the 3rd grade which my younger daughter will be doing kindergarten so she has to do the private k12 program until she's done with 3rd grade which will cost about $900 a year then she can switch to the public one. Which they did say that with the private one you're pretty much pay for the supplies and home school them then they have tests online they take before they move onto the next level.

I do know a couple people who have their kids on the public k12 program and haven't heard any complaints at all from any of them they all seem to love it so far

Want to make 100% FREE MONEY from HOME? CLICK HERE for more information & tips!!!

studentmomof2
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 10:38 PM

This is our second year with k12 and we love it. My son is in the 4th grade and my dd is in kindergarten. It can be advance work and very easy to be come overwhelmed. But once you get a hang of it becomes much easier. The materials they give you is great and the subjects are very well done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)