Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

new here HI* and SOO LOST! help please

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi everyone my name is Susan i live in northern NH  i have 4 kids 11,9,6,&2 my older 3 were going to our local school till 3 days before winter break - christmas- and weve had issues w/ the school distrect since my oldest was in K well i had enough and pulled all of them from school and now plan on homeschooling them but i have no idea where to start what to teach them ect... there is no where up here to go to for support or questions i did check our state law and all i have to do  and did was let the distrect know that im homeschooling them have the letter and they have to pass a test at the end of the yr (when ever that is) to prove that there learning other than that your on your own up here and where we live its in the middle of no where not many store and the libarys dont carry much  my older 3 are in 5th,3rd,and 1st grades   my oldest has adhd and has a hard time sitting still long enough to take anyhting in  his hand writting it worse than my 6 yr olds (its gotten worse over time) and also has some other issues my younger son he did pretty good in school n my older daughter has speech issues  and to give a little back round  my highes grd completed is 6th went to 7th 3 times before i left because of the same issues i pull my kids for because i wasnt about to let it happen to them to  i also have adhd and have to have more of a visual and hands on to learn and i think my oldest might be the same way     but as for starting school im sooo lost  i dont know what to do and hope you girls can help me  i know i want it to be fun for them but they can work on text books to so i can try to do some 1 on 1 while the others are doing there work  if that makes since  im sorry this is so long but im just so lost  please help thank you for reading this

by on Jan. 7, 2012 at 2:40 AM
Replies (11-12):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Bump!

BunnyGirl82
by Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 4:44 PM

I would give Time4Learning a try! My daughter is a visual learner and this computer based program has really made learning so much easier for her. It is also very cheap! less than $20 amonth and all you pay is month to month so you can buy when you need it, break when you want. Also it grades and record keeps for you, which is so nice. Plus, they allow you 3 grade levels at once (like you can have 1,2 & 3  or 6,7 & 8 etc)

I hope this helps :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)