Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschooling our Tween. :)

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM
  • 8 Replies

We have never had her in public school. We are on our 4th yr and she is doing great  4/5 grade and having a great time..

I am finding out that this age group needs girls her age to chat with.. (ALOT)  Our group doesn't get together often enough . I don't  like  Co-Ops . Anyone in Lee Co. who would like to get together with the tweens and socialize? :)

butterfly on headLisa 

by on Jan. 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 7, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Welcome to the group! What state are you in, I bet there is a Mom here from that state too!

Kindwords2share
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 2:54 AM

We are in  SW Florida. :) 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Welcome! I've got a 10 yo girl but we live in Ohio. They do need a lot more social interaction at this age, don't they? 8^/

Kindwords2share
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 9:27 PM

She is keeping me on my toes.. Hoping choir will hold her over until classes start for next year. :)   THanks for letting me know, it's not just us. :)

Have a great week.:)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jan. 9, 2012 at 8:09 AM
Lol, I can imagine! I remember me at that age! Does your YMCA have any homeschool groups, or church? Is she in any kind of girl scouts or things like that? I'm struggling to get my daughter interaction as well, but she is only 6 and we are in Ohio. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kindwords2share
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Thanks for the idea.  I have tried  P.E. and our YMCA is too far away for a regular program.. I'll looking local scouts.. She might like that. :) 

Have a great week. :)

suziejax
by Member on Jan. 9, 2012 at 11:25 PM

What age is she... Would she like a pen pal? My dd is now 12.

Kindwords2share
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 10:20 AM

She is 8/ 9 in May,going on 20. :)  I'll ask if that is something she might like to do.. Our H.S.group has a few of the older girls doing pen pals. I'll  share the information after our meeting Thursday night.:)  Thanks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)