Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

what do i teach her next

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 1:31 AM
  • 5 Replies
Ok so my dd just turned two. Like my other post said she knows her abc's (upper case)
Counts up to 12. And knows her numbers up to 20. Basic colours and basic shapes. We play all the time,puzzles,play dough, baking, out door walks/sled rides ,we have story time and circle time which is us singing. (Me mainly)
What should I teach next? Patterns
Lower case alphabet
More colours, shapes
Fruits and veggies
Should I try and start math?
Folding paper , cutting?

For sensory play this week I made that box with the cut up paper I found on another posters post! Ty!
I'm bringing back the calender for feb. Because she asks for it. I took it away because I was told I'm pushing her to much. But she asks to play with flash cards, loves arts and crafts and enjoys storie and song time.
Anyway I'm lost as to what to do next.
Help me please.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bmw29
by Member on Jan. 9, 2012 at 1:37 AM
At that age my ds was obsessed with globes. We bought one of those talking globes for his first Christmas and he could find every country by the time he was a year old. Maybe try something like that. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 1:40 AM
That's sounds fun!!! Thank you! I would have never guess that for her age but why not ! :)

Quoting bmw29:

At that age my ds was obsessed with globes. We bought one of those talking globes for his first Christmas and he could find every country by the time he was a year old. Maybe try something like that. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by Member on Jan. 9, 2012 at 1:43 AM
The one he has plays local music for each country. It would amaze people when they would ask him to find some off the wall place and he would spin the globe around and point right at it. He's 10 now and a freaking whiz at geography. LOL

Quoting jendawn1:

That's sounds fun!!! Thank you! I would have never guess that for her age but why not ! :)

Quoting bmw29:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1angelfor3
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Hi, How about a Memory game when in doubt about where things go? Such as everyday things in the home,let her watch you do laundry,cook,clean or clean-up(brooms,mops,vacuum...kids LOVE.love to help

Get her started early,don't worry about how well she does,maybe invest in 2nd hand childrens' size items so she may duplicate what she sees, then play play can you Remember where this Goes? They love anything that has to relate to imitating MOMMY,Daddy or Siblings...Good,good fun,while she's learning....

wright1212
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 9:05 AM

My 2yo loves: pretend play, puppets, books of course, painting, MUSIC. I just got him an elmo drumset he loves, also we do bongo drums, recorders, piano, singing, dancing. sticker art is a fun one. sometimes i draw little circles so they have to go a certain way. be sure to search 'busy bags'. so many great ideas for this age. also play with those things she knows. being able to repeat does not mean full understanding (and im not saying thats what you said). just covering that knowledge in different ways to ensure understanding.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)