Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you have a constant critic of your homeschooling?

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 8:58 AM
  • 3 Replies

My older brother just can't leave it alone or get over it. It's been four years and he still has to go on with the snide comments.

banging head into wall

by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jan. 9, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Um, my daughter. Lol. She Is always telling people I don't teach her anything. She doesn't realize, that just because she isn't sitting all day doing busy work, she actually *is* learning. Public school really gave her a skewed vision of what learning is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 9, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I would if I talked to them! My SIL works in a school & thinks the PS is the best ever. So if I was on speaking terms with her, I would have the same problem. I know this because my adult niece told me that her step-mom trash talked me so bad when she was still at home that during that time she thought I was doing a bad thing by homeschooling my kids, but now she is away from them & has been to my house & around my kids she thinks I am doing a great thing & is wanting to homeschool her daughter that she will give birth to in April!

CoffeeMamaOf5
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Yes -- my family :( but after all these years-- oldest will be 15 in 3 weeks, I think my mother has finally gotten it through her head; we aren't changing! But she seems to still 'test' my kid,s via the phone, on what they are learning/doing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN