Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschooled as a child

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 10:07 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hello!

I am currently TTC, but wanted  to hop on here and chat with you ladies!

I was homeschooled from 3d grade to Graduation! I think it was the best decision my parents ever made for us kids. I am not 100% sure if I will homeschool my own children, but I do believe it is definitely a wonderful and joyous thing!

Just thought I would drop a note to encourage moms that can struggle with hard headed children, that yes, we will turn out great, and it is all because of the love and patience you show us during your time homeschooling us and in every day life. 

you rock

by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Danielle163
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Good luck on your TTC. I never wanted my child to be hs (due to her being an only child), but that is the way it has worked out. There are so many positive things about hs.......it's funny how life "happens" sometimes.simple smile

mkwatts
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 11:33 AM

My mom never wanted to hs either. She sent me to public for Kinder and 1st, then private christian for 2nd. Then she was surprised by her 3rd pregnancy, and couldn't afford private any longer. She opted for hs, then she loved it, since she was a SAHM. I have to say, I might have "missed out" on prom and social activities like that, BUT if you find the right hs group in your area, you can have your kids participating in MORE activities than other kids!  I played basketball, my sister played basketball and volleyball, and my brother played soccer! We had hs meetings every 2 wks with other families, and did sports, gym, field trips and many things together! We even had our own choir! 

I have never felt like I missed out on anything by being hs, with all the opportunities that are out there now. The hs group I used to be in even has their own prom now! 

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 9, 2012 at 11:50 AM

It is great to have you in the group!

mkwatts
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Thank you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoffeeMamaOf5
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 2:28 PM

How wonderful to heart the testimony of your family!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)