Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ocean theme

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 3:24 PM
  • 4 Replies

I am trying to get together an ocean unit study. If you have anything book marked or any ideas please share with me .. Im pulling my hair out on this one for some silly reason . LOL

by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 10, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Learningpage.com ( this is a free site you just have to register)

It has fact files & a mural you can print out & color with the kids & hang on the wall. There are also worksheets that correspond with it.

Netflix has a lot of documentaries on the ocean. I think one of them was made by Disney. There are 2 wii games that areabout the ocean called Endless Ocean & Endless Ocean 2 ( the second one is based off of real oceans I think).

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 10, 2012 at 4:04 PM

here is the link to the page with the themes

http://www.learningpage.com/pages/menu_wkshts/fact_oceans.html

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Love learningpage. 8)

My kids liked making...ah, I can't think of what they are called...darn! You know, where they build a 3D model in a shoe box?

Oh, you can build your own ocean, with a two liter bottle. On one side, facing the bottle, glue pictures of rocks, sharks, plants, etc. Then, fill, the bottle with water, possibly with a little blue dye, not too dark and some glitter. 8)

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 10, 2012 at 8:25 PM

The word you are looking for my friend is DIARAMA

My kids love to make them & then play with them like they are mini worlds!

Quoting mem82:

Love learningpage. 8)

My kids liked making...ah, I can't think of what they are called...darn! You know, where they build a 3D model in a shoe box?

Oh, you can build your own ocean, with a two liter bottle. On one side, facing the bottle, glue pictures of rocks, sharks, plants, etc. Then, fill, the bottle with water, possibly with a little blue dye, not too dark and some glitter. 8)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)