Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Abeka question

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 7:55 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hey I was just wanting to connect with some abeka homeschool moms. I have a boy in 2, a boy in almost 1st, and another boy about to start kindergarten. can anyone relate?

by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 10, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Welcome to the group, I don't use Abeka but I have a friend that homeschools her kids with it (one has graduated & the other one graduates next year) & she loved it!

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I don't use Abeka either, but I had a friend who used it with her twins for the elementary years and she loves it!  I haven't seen any of the core curriculum books above pre-k - I used to work at a daycare and we used it for preschool ages and I wasn't impressed, however I did buy the art and health/safety/manners books, but use other curriculum for rest of the subjects.  And the art one I just bought to have on hand as extra for my son to do because he loves art projects (but as our main art curriculum we prefer more in depth studies of the different artists, paintings, techniques, etc)

Christine0813
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 9:14 PM

I use A Beka for my 1st grader. I'm in Ohio.

Johns_Mommy_03
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 9:19 PM

can some pm me with information on how to start homeschooling my high functioning autistic kindergartner

calimom1123
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 2:12 AM
I use all abeka! We are doing 3rd grade everything except language shes doing 4th grade.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jhg374
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 2:26 AM

I too use ABeka and have three kiddos close in age. Right now our eldest is 11, then our son is 10 while our youngest is almost 8. I started homeschooling when our oldest was ready to start learning... which was at a very early age... and because our kids are so close in age the others followed close behind.

I can completely relate and want to enourage you that the more you stay consistent and allow grace to be a part of the equation (for yourself and your kiddos as they learn) the easier it becomes as well as completely enjoyable!

Blessings on your journey!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jan. 11, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Bump :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN