Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Hey everyone!

My husband wnats my son to got to public school next year, and I want to continue homeschooling. We are going to an information meeting tomorrow at a charter school. I am going to write a list of pros and cons and wanted to see if you all could help me out, just incase I forgot anything.

The charter school is a 5 day normal school, I don't know much about it, expect that location and that its lottery based.

The charter schools also has a home study's program, it meets once a week classes k-2, and 3-6, same location as the 5 day school. Unfortunately it meets on wednesdays, which are the days we already are involved in a class my son loves. They do not do any academics at school, mostly PE, and other specialty projects, and they do field trips as well. They give $400 a semester for curriculum only. they do testing and you have to meet with the teacher and keep track of your school work, but you can choose your curriculum

There is a strictly homestudies charter school. You have to keep track of your schooling as the charter school above, you have to be accountable with school work etc. and do testing. You get money (more money) that can be used on curriculum and classes (by their vendors).

On my own under an umbrella school or fill out an alpha david (?). Not testing, complete freedom, no money either.

<3 Julia: wife of Drew, mom of Damien and Gavin, baby Harley 2/09-3/09, Mason 9-19-2010  Isaiah 66:10-13 Breastfeeding Moms: group Mod

by on Jan. 12, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Replies (11-12):
Precious333
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2012 at 11:05 AM
for my husband its not about the curriculum, its about them not being is school environment with a different teacher and around other kids. He should be able to trust me to teach because I did go to school to become a teacher.

Quoting upheavalmedia:

I would use cyber schools as it is happy medium.Full curriculum on computer at home.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Good idea!

Quoting upheavalmedia:

I would use cyber schools as it is happy medium.Full curriculum on computer at home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)