Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You know...because school socialization is so great.....

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:48 PM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this

I was at Sams Club earlier and there was a girl (about 10yrs) looking at some stuff and her mom was down the isle a bit, her mom called to her and the girl says "what bit**" in a completly rude tone.  Her mom wanted her to stay with her and the girl was whining "mooomm" (which is how I knew it was her mom).  I was walking with my boyfriend and I said to him "and this is why I say socialization at schools is NOT good socialization, and Olivia isn't going to public school" I see this all the time though and its sad...how kids talk like this now and are outright RUDE to their parents and the parents allow it.  I STILL don't cuss at all, my cuss words are crap and dang it LOL.  I don't care if people do but you don't need to be rude to people about it and kids dont' need to cuss like that either.  

That was my vent.  Thanks :D

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (car seat tech) Ask me a question!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Wow!

You know, it's sad to hear about stuff like that because you know, that's not a real childhood. 8(

oredeb
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:07 PM

yes its all over the place , kids not respecting there parents or anyone else, even in homeschooling its there.

just depends on what the parents want to teach the kids, or let them get away with, its certainly a learning process!!

CoffeeMamaOf5
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Definitely a parenting issue. I would have handed the mother my paddle!!

magenta_chrome
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Agreed! My son was very polite until he went to school. It took a good 3 years of being at home to get that back. I'm just glad I did.  There's an amazing lack of respect being taught to kids today. It's sad.

usmom3
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 2:01 PM

I am not surprised!

crystalhend
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:41 PM
I know what you mean my oldest girl took quite awhile to get under control but at times it pops back up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kerseygeek
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this
This is exactly what I'm scared of if my son went to school. He's a wonderful, fair, helpful, polite person & it would kill me if he lost that.

Quoting magenta_chrome:

Agreed! My son was very polite until he went to school. It took a good 3 years of being at home to get that back. I'm just glad I did.  There's an amazing lack of respect being taught to kids today. It's sad.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jozzie
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 3:44 AM

Quoting CoffeeMamaOf5:

Definitely a parenting issue. I would have handed the mother my paddle!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hellfur58
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I would say it is more of a parenting issue than a PS issue.

Judith3247
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 7:46 AM
bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)