Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Field trips this week????

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 4:51 PM
  • 14 Replies
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jan. 16, 2012 at 7:42 PM
We had a field trip to the ultrasound place, and I explained how they work, the girls got to see the lady do it, watched the tv, etc.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 7:44 PM

wow that must have been  so neat for the girls to see the baby in your tummy!

Quoting Boobah:

We had a field trip to the ultrasound place, and I explained how they work, the girls got to see the lady do it, watched the tv, etc.

amommyslife03
by on Jan. 19, 2012 at 8:26 PM

I'm taking the kids to the museum tomorrow its also a planetarium but that's part is closed till April well go back when its open again but there having a homeschooling day tomorrow and hope i can meet other parents 

oredeb
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 11:12 AM

ohhhh i love going to museums!! oh planetarium oh boy!!!

Quoting amommyslife03:

I'm taking the kids to the museum tomorrow its also a planetarium but that's part is closed till April well go back when its open again but there having a homeschooling day tomorrow and hope i can meet other parents 

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 20, 2012 at 12:09 PM

We went to the library Tuesday & the park on Thursday.

amommyslife03
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 4:23 PM

yea i love going to them to  but the planetarium is closed till april :( but well go back when it opens again   but we had lots of fun today though it was weird n sorta grose to see all kind of animals ( that were stuffed)

Quoting oredeb:

ohhhh i love going to museums!! oh planetarium oh boy!!!

Quoting amommyslife03:

oredeb
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 5:36 PM

yea it is weird!!!hahahahahah sounds like you had fun

Quoting amommyslife03:

yea i love going to them to  but the planetarium is closed till april :( but well go back when it opens again   but we had lots of fun today though it was weird n sorta grose to see all kind of animals ( that were stuffed)

Quoting oredeb:

luvthesoap
by on Jan. 22, 2012 at 10:45 AM

We went to Ohio ( Columbus) anbd went to COSI. IT's a science ceneter that is WAYYYYY cool! We had a blast!

Betty in KY

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I live right outside Columbus. COSI is fun!

Quoting luvthesoap:

We went to Ohio ( Columbus) anbd went to COSI. IT's a science ceneter that is WAYYYYY cool! We had a blast!

Betty in KY

NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2012 at 12:43 PM

On Friday we went with the homeschool group on an historic tour of the huge flagship Macy's in Herald Square. We started in the "Cellar" and worked our way to the 4th floor.  In one section of the store are the original escalators from 1902.  It was so interesting how much planning goes into the marketing and merchandising that makes this store so successful even after 154 years. There are 11 floors and about the same square footage as the Empire State Building.  We were told why makeup and perfume are always on the first floor, why the designer floors create an entirely different "boutique" for each designer's area, and noticed how the teens clothing floor had completely different music, decor, and eateries.  The guide told us all about the Thanksgiving Day parade, how they have the real Santa Claus there every December, what they do for Black Friday, the annual flower show, the holiday windows, the employee training, and the whole history of how Macy's came about. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)