Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

has anyone used moving beyond the page?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 5:15 PM
  • 9 Replies
As a curriculum? It's very expensive, but my son is very very creative, and seems to learn best while building, drawing, creating things. I can use online or hard copy, and I can reuse it, but 425.00 seems like a lot of money, and I don't know that my dd would use it when its time. It wouldn't be until next school year, but everything I have seen I love, and so does my son. Thanks ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
oredeb
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 5:24 PM

ohhh it looks good!  http://www.movingbeyondthepage.com/

can you buy it used?

hottmommi42
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 5:33 PM
Maybe. I haven't checked out my local hs store here yet, and I just now thought about amazon and eBay. This is why I love this site, you guys help me think. Lol! I will look thanks!

Quoting oredeb:

ohhh it looks good!  http://www.movingbeyondthepage.com/

can you buy it used?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof4and1man
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 6:52 PM

www.time4learning.com

hottmommi42
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 11:28 PM

He hates this one... already tried it =(

Quoting momof4and1man:

www.time4learning.com

momof4and1man
by on Jan. 19, 2012 at 12:03 AM

oh sorry!

Quoting hottmommi42:

He hates this one... already tried it =(

Quoting momof4and1man:

www.time4learning.com

momof4and1man
by on Jan. 19, 2012 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this

how about head of the class?, its free!

Selah17
by on Jan. 22, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Thanks for the tip! That's an awesome website! :)

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2012 at 9:22 AM

On another forum I belong to, several people have tried it (a couple dozen, actually). They all hated it.

They claim it doesn't move quickly enough, seems "behind" other curricula, and doesn't flow well at all - these are big issues since it is supposed to be a "gifted" program.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosey, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that my place, as a woman, is in the home caring for my husband and children. My husband is head of my home.             Aimee

Make Money From Home! www.sellhealthyproducts.com

hottmommi42
by on Jan. 23, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Oh, do you know if either they are familiar with unit studies, or if there is another location to see reviews? Of course the site only posts the positive reviews, so it makes it hard to be sure. And I really do.t want to shell out $500 for something and have him hate it. I know I coups build my own curriculum, but next year is already hectic, I don't want to have to add that to it too. Thanks for the insight!

Quoting AutymsMommy:

On another forum I belong to, several people have tried it (a couple dozen, actually). They all hated it.

They claim it doesn't move quickly enough, seems "behind" other curricula, and doesn't flow well at all - these are big issues since it is supposed to be a "gifted" program.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)