Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Funny!

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 12:33 PM
  • 6 Replies
2 moms liked this
So this morning, we've done a group read of The Phantom Tollbooth, discussed examples of onomatopoeia, learned how magicians use slight of hand tricks, learned how dry ice is made, discussed whether or not deer are color blind, and talked about how to make a model drum set. After all of this, my 13 year old said, "We haven't even started school!" I almost collapsed in a heap!

Mom of Laura-my 13 going on 30 angel, and 11 year old Nathan, the happiest kid in the world who happens to have Asperger's.

by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
oredeb
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 12:38 PM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jan. 21, 2012 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol! This is actually very frustrating to me! Julia tells everyone we don't do school and I don't teach her anything! I'm like really kid?!? You've got to stop saying that! Just because it's more fun and we aren't always at a desk or sitting doesn't mean I am not teaching and you aren't learning! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carolkey74
by on Jan. 21, 2012 at 9:14 PM
My kids spent several years in ps, so I guess they're still trying to get the image of "school" out of their systems lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wright1212
by on Jan. 22, 2012 at 10:19 AM

From my daughters preschool and kindergarten experiences only math and reading are school. when i have her an ocean and spelling test for the first time last week, i thought she may have a panic attack-THEY DONT DO THIS IN SCHOOL..oh hun, but they do..and if you threw a fit that you didnt want to do your work-you would be in detention...yes detention is being grounded at school....

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2012 at 10:36 AM

LOL adorable!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2012 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL Maybe you should have sit at a table with her head down. Tell her this is what detention feels like!

Quoting wright1212:

From my daughters preschool and kindergarten experiences only math and reading are school. when i have her an ocean and spelling test for the first time last week, i thought she may have a panic attack-THEY DONT DO THIS IN SCHOOL..oh hun, but they do..and if you threw a fit that you didnt want to do your work-you would be in detention...yes detention is being grounded at school....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)