Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I know what you are doing !

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 5:00 PM
  • 9 Replies
Ok let me paint this picture for you . I am in the "learning room" at my desk. I have all sorts of crafts on my desk that I am prepairing for the girls. These crafts include an airplane craft , ape craft ( both bought at dollar tree), Apple craft ( that I made with construction paper) a valentine Angle (http://allsorts.typepad.com/allsorts/2011/02/here-is-a-valentine-angel-from-me-to-you.html  ) and a valentine alligator craft ( http://www.skiptomylou.org/2008/02/06/id-snap-at-the-chance-to-be-your-valentine/  ). When in walks my 5 yo and looks around . She says to me " I know what you are doing! You are not sneeky!" So I say "Oh really , what am I doing?"  and then she answers " You have all this stuff that starts with A you are tring to see if I know things that start with A"  LOL !!!! Yup kid ya got me !!!!!! I cracked up . I was also very proud becuase we have had problems with letter recognition and today she just came in and nailed it !

by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 20, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Haha, so dose that mean she gets to skip the lesson sense she knows it already?

sew4fun
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 5:22 PM

LOL ! well Fridays are our review/test/craft days. I have started trying to "test" her by doing crafts of some sort. Like how I did today I had a bunch of things that started with the letter A and then a few that did not and she was only allowed to do the ones that started with A . Needless to say she passed LOL !!!

Quoting usmom3:

oredeb
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 5:28 PM

ohhh kenderly thats so neat! so cute!!!

sew4fun
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Thanks I was super excited ! I have litterally been beating my self up over her not retaining letter recognition so it was really awesome to me !

oredeb
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 5:30 PM

such a great idea for a test/quiz!!!

Quoting sew4fun:

LOL ! well Fridays are our review/test/craft days. I have started trying to "test" her by doing crafts of some sort. Like how I did today I had a bunch of things that started with the letter A and then a few that did not and she was only allowed to do the ones that started with A . Needless to say she passed LOL !!!

Quoting usmom3:

sew4fun
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Thank you ! I had been thinking about different ways to "test" her with out putting pressure on her. I know some say not to push or test kids but I really needed to know what she was learning and what she was not. We are not doing grades this year ( she is not old enough for public school so we are using this as a "Free" year to get into a good homeschool groove so to speak) But like I said I really did not want to put pressure on here so I try to make it fun .

Quoting oredeb:

such a great idea for a test/quiz!!!

Quoting sew4fun:

Quoting usmom3:

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jan. 21, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Awww, that's so awesome! Yay for "getting it"!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wildmama3
by on Jan. 22, 2012 at 10:56 AM

That's such a great idea. I think I will try that with my just turned 4 yr old.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Too cute!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN