Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschool Tracker

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2012 at 1:39 AM
  • 3 Replies

Since my oldest will be 5 in July we are going to officially start homeschooling next August.  My hubby is in full support of homeschooling but is worried about our kids be competitive for college, jobs, and the like.  So, is anyone familiar with Homeschool Tracker or any other program where the parents can be in charge of the curriculum and yet still have official grades, transcripts, and diploma (not a GED) that will be recognized by colleges and any other place of employment in which they will be hired ?     I personally don't have anything against a GED but hubby insists it must be a diploma. 

Thanks,

Tracy

by on Jan. 22, 2012 at 1:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
wildmama3
by on Jan. 22, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I actually signed up for a "private school". We do all of our schooling at home and I turn in my grades and attendance every 45 days. That way they are unofficially signed up for a private school and will be receiving actual diplomas with a ceremony and everything. I'm not sure where you live but I live in Florida and I use Families of Faith Christian Academy. You can look in your phone book under homeschooling to see if there is anything available like this for you. You choose your own curriculum and books be it secular or not. They are  there to answer your questions and file your paperwork. Also do end of year exams. We do pay a tuition but it's only $450 a year and I don't have the headache of paperwork.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Most universities really love homeschoolers. By taking the SATs or ACT tests, you can prove what your child knows. Many moms simply name their school, and print out an official diploma and call it good. I've heard good things about homeschool tracker, though.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jan. 22, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I wouldn't think you would need to use a tracker until they are high school age.

Mine are still young but they will be given the choice to attend High School or the local Community College, at the age of 15/16, where they can earn their Associates Degree and then transfer to a University if they want to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN