Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

where do you live? (state) and do you use an umbrella group or not?

Posted by   + Show Post

And I know there are other options too...so feel free to share the method you are using and for how long and how many kids!

by on Jan. 22, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Replies (31-38):
Angela_O
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 3:34 PM

I am in Florida and I use Hillcrest Academy Free School, which is an umbrella school :)

pepsi_lover_mom
by Member on Jan. 27, 2012 at 6:31 PM

We are in Kansas and I use math u see, hooked on phonis, Horizon language arts, and we wing the rest.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Mar. 17, 2012 at 3:14 PM

bump

sourflower
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Florida but soon to be moving to Georgia, I use the public virtual school...

aspen12
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 9:02 PM

We are in Ohio now, lived in Virginia, both no umbrella. We have used a mix of curricula, mainly WinterPromise and Sonlight. We enjoy the methods of Charlotte Mason. My son is a self motivator and I am realizing now that when I back off he does so much more for himself. So I have been a little more relaxed the past year or so. We have been homeschooling since 2005, but I think I will always feel like a newbie.

wanderingwolf
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 10:05 PM

OH and no I don't plan on using an umbrella group.

sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 1:01 AM

GA, No we do not use an umbrella school. They  are not required by GA law, therefore they are not even available in our state. Now perhaps you are including private online/correspondence school when you ask about umbrella schools, if that is the case, no we don't use those either.

ixamxmine
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Wisconsin here...no umbrella. We do go to our state's local homeschool association events and meeting tho.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)