Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How much education have you had?

Posted by   + Show Post

Did you graduate HS? Go to college?

by on Jan. 22, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Replies (41-49):
Danielle163
by on Jan. 23, 2012 at 11:19 PM

High school graduate

fygfitness_mom
by on Jan. 24, 2012 at 1:56 AM

I just started back to school last week. Overwhelmed would be an understatement.

Bellandpaysmom
by on Jan. 24, 2012 at 7:41 AM

Have an Associate in Science and Arts.  Dont really know anything to use it for though.  For me waste of time and alot of money.  Hopefully this has helped me with my homeschooling at least.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Aw, you can do it! What are you going for?

Quoting fygfitness_mom:

I just started back to school last week. Overwhelmed would be an understatement.

bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I dropped out of high school when I was 16 and got married :)    I did eventually get my GED after the birth of my 4th child.  That in no way hindered my home educating all my children.  You do not need any "degree" to be a successful homeschooler.  You just need love and determination :)   I always studied what I needed to be able to teach my children.  All but one of mine has now graduated from our homeschool.   :)

fygfitness_mom
by on Jan. 24, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Quoting mem82:

Aw, you can do it! What are you going for?

Right now I'm at a community college working on an AAS degree so I can transfer. My long term goal is an Interdisciplinary PhD in physical activity, nutrition and wellness. It's going to be a long journey and I'm on step one which seems very overwheming but I am looking forward to the journey.

RondaLevine
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 3:44 AM

I have an MA in philosophy and did 1 1/2 years of a PhD program in social and political philosophy. My boyfriend has 2 MA degrees - one in library science/information studies and one in international relations.

sprout18
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 8:24 AM

I have a BA in Economics. I was just going to an online school to get my MAT but had to stop for several reasons. Now I have to decide what I would like to do that will allow me to stay home and keep homeschooling.

I love to learn and will more than likely be in some type of college for the rest of my life. Probably not to get a degree but to just learn as that is where my passion really lies. I will more than likely just take one class at a time since that is all we can afford for me to do.

ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Jan. 25, 2012 at 4:29 PM

graduated, 2 years of college.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN