Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Are you super organized?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2012 at 1:17 PM
  • 13 Replies
In my head I am. ;)

But really, I used to be. Things have gotten a bit overwhelming lately and I'm trying to get back on track.

What do you do to "simplify your life"?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2012 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
globalhorse45
by on Jan. 23, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I was looking up school supplies the other day.  I found a nice website for homeschool furniture: http://www.homeroomteacher.com/weeklylessonplans.html but there's no desks on it aside from computer desks.  I plan on getting the prehistoric globe and one of the other regular globes as well.

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 23, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Nope not at all!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Organized? rolling on floor

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2012 at 1:55 PM

I like containers. That way I can hide all my mess. 8) They are organized in my head, for sure.

Aleshad01
by Alesha on Jan. 23, 2012 at 1:56 PM

No, I need to work on that.  LOL!

LovemyQ
by on Jan. 23, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Quoting mem82:

Organized? rolling on floor

yOu took my answer exactly, lol. Good thing I looked at replies before I posted.

I am actually decent at organizing. But if I organize the homeschool, the house blows up. I never have everything orgnaized.

gingergarcia
by on Jan. 23, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Well for me it seems that whenever things get organized, they seem to go back to the same way overtime.  I do have some containers for storage labeled crayons, pencils, books. The folders are all labeled with whats in each one and placed on the shelf. Sometimes I think my coupons are better organized in my binder than my home school supplies, lol!

oredeb
by on Jan. 23, 2012 at 2:51 PM

no not super organized just simply organized!!!hahahah

to simplify my life i use file cabnets and book shelves for all the homeschooling stuff, that way i can find everything!!! all in one place!

another way im simply organized is we start every morning at 9, and i write a lesson plan every friday or saturday to remind me what im doing the next week!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jan. 23, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I think I'm pretty organized. At least it works for us.

Each student has a desk and a crate for their current books. They can use either or both as it fits their needs. DS2 uses his desh for his books, DD uses her desh andher crate, DS1 uses only his crate- Anytime they arent actively working on something it BETTER be in one of those two places.

On my desk I have a magazine holder for teacher manuals that I use daily. There is a 2 shelf bookshelf  with 1 designated shelf for teacher manuals I dont look at often or are for different grades than what we are currently using. The 2nd shelf has extra school supplies and refereence books that the kids use often.

I have a second small 2 shelf bookshelf that has our science kits, math manipulatives, & music lessons.

Finally I have a 5 shelf bookshelf in the corner. The 2 bottom shelves have doors and house MY reading books- i'm a book addict.  Then the next shelf has my Girl Scout books and a 3 drawer sterilite that has 1 drawer of Cub Scout stuff, 1 Boy Scout stuff, 1 Girl Scouts.

The 4th shelf has most of our school supplies- I bought those 50c pencil boxes and labeled them for easy access: 

• pens,
  • markers
  • stiuck glue
  • scissors
  • pencils
  • dry erase
  • glue (white)
  • Colored Pencils
  • To Go Box -for taking work on the road -  has  6 pencils, 1 highlighter, small pencil sharpener, 1 sharpie, 3 erasers, 1 stick glue, 1 scissors, 1 tape, snall 3 ft measuring tape and a 6in ruler, and a red and a black pen for my corrrections
  • This shelf also has flash cards and other small learning games.

FInally - the top shelf is my book staging areas- books I haven't read yet and are waiting to be read are on the top shelf :)

Jinx - Homeschooling Scout & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Brownie Heidi 4/03. Police wife to Joe and Alpha to my fur baby German Shepherd Spazz.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jan. 23, 2012 at 3:38 PM
I'm in love.....

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

I think I'm pretty organized. At least it works for us.

Each student has a desk and a crate for their current books. They can use either or both as it fits their needs. DS2 uses his desh for his books, DD uses her desh andher crate, DS1 uses only his crate- Anytime they arent actively working on something it BETTER be in one of those two places.

On my desk I have a magazine holder for teacher manuals that I use daily. There is a 2 shelf bookshelf  with 1 designated shelf for teacher manuals I dont look at often or are for different grades than what we are currently using. The 2nd shelf has extra school supplies and refereence books that the kids use often.

I have a second small 2 shelf bookshelf that has our science kits, math manipulatives, & music lessons.

Finally I have a 5 shelf bookshelf in the corner. The 2 bottom shelves have doors and house MY reading books- i'm a book addict.  Then the next shelf has my Girl Scout books and a 3 drawer sterilite that has 1 drawer of Cub Scout stuff, 1 Boy Scout stuff, 1 Girl Scouts.

The 4th shelf has most of our school supplies- I bought those 50c pencil boxes and labeled them for easy access: 

• pens,
  • markers
  • stiuck glue
  • scissors
  • pencils
  • dry erase
  • glue (white)
  • Colored Pencils
  • To Go Box -for taking work on the road -  has  6 pencils, 1 highlighter, small pencil sharpener, 1 sharpie, 3 erasers, 1 stick glue, 1 scissors, 1 tape, snall 3 ft measuring tape and a 6in ruler, and a red and a black pen for my corrrections
  • This shelf also has flash cards and other small learning games.

FInally - the top shelf is my book staging areas- books I haven't read yet and are waiting to be read are on the top shelf :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)